TonyLight'n'Love

Inability to breathe and energy dispersion in facial area during Kriya

I have had the following daily Kriya routine for a few months:

- Navi Kriya (9 cycles)

- Yoni Mudra (1 time)

- Kriya Pranayama (48 reps)

- Mental Pranayama (maybe 10-20 minutes)

Every time I do it I feel a quite strong inwards pull in my 3rd eye, sometimes strong energy activity in the area of my throat, mouth, jaw area. But couple of days a ago something very different happened for the very first time. The sensations during mental Pranayama were so strong that I thought I was really going to die, but I thought I was about to achieve some important break-through, so I surrendered and was ready to die if it happened and kept going. I felt very strong energy everywhere in my head, especially in the area of 3rd eye, face, mouth and jaw, and throat. I was really struggling to breathe. The problem with breathing was similar to if you stick your head our of the window facing the wind while driving 200 miles an hour. My heart was beating at very high rate, the reason for this might be also the enormous excitement I had at that moment. After a few minutes I moved focus from 6th and 5th chakra to 4th and then further down, and then the sensations became quickly much more bearable.

Any advice on what might have happened and what should I have done in that situation? Might I have a blockage that causes dispersion of energy in my throat and facial area?

Any advice would be highly appreciated,

Thank You!

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Welcome, my general rule of thumb is when a practice gets too hot or strange, back off, slow it down or stop  I'm sure you'll find advice here, take it with a grain of salt.  Many systems seem to end practice with drawing energy back to the hara and a body rub/tap/massage.  I wonder if such a thing might help you?  Perhaps best to ask your question in the Healing section. 

It be great to hear more about your pranayama exercises.  Often people have different practices with the same name.

The TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it