Sign in to follow this  
nerdyapple

nerdyapple

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I want to share a very interesting book that I read recently. It's called China's Super Psychics, written by Paul Dong. Not sure whether you guys have heard of it or not. The author is a Qigong master himself, in this book he tells some really interesting stories about the Qigong fever in China in the 1980s. In one chapter, he even introduces a way to open "heavenly eyes", he says most people can achieve this with 4 months' practice. I'm impressed by one of the conclusions in the book, ie. Qigong practice has a strong relation to ESP abilities. The healing power of Qi is also real. He also mentions "bi gu" (Chinese fasting), it's basically an advanced form of Qigong. Basically, human beings can survive on Qi by practicing Qigong. I know some theories in Daoism also prove this. 

I'm still learning about these subjects and doing some research in my free time. Btw, I find this website has some instructional books on Qigong that seem legit. Also, here's an interesting released document on Qigong.

I'm very happy to find this great forum. Hope to make some friends here! :D

• Like 1

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Welcome aboard.  Indeed amazing things can happen but they take an amazing amount of dedication, time and proper teaching. 

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Sign in to follow this