Mind Full

A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47763a27ba2fe8e3b8ce

Hello everyone, firstly I want to say what a pleasure it is to meet you all and thank you in advance for all of your wisdom and advice. My name is Amon though 'Mind Full' will be easier to remember. I am twenty-five from Ontario, Canada, and looking to take my first step down the road of cultivation.

To be honest, I have no idea where to start. My current routine merely consists of some physical exercise, a little yoga, and being mindful of my breath, posture, and feelings when I remember to be mindful at all. With so much information on cultivation available, I am quite overwhelmed and not sure where to start. I was wondering if anyone had some advice or materials for a complete newbie like myself to get started on my journey and avoid mistakes while practicing. I would greatly appreciate any help or resources which you could give me. Thank you, and I hope you have a beautiful day. 

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friend along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Welcome.  Namaste and deep bow.  Glad you're here, lots of people here on different paths.