Sign in to follow this  
Mote

Mote here

Hi, I'm Mote.

I'm embarking on a trial run of Damo Mitchell's work, beginning with foundational stuff and on into alchemy. Currently I'm engaging in the 100-day "Virgin Boy" training and taking things pretty slow. Guess I've been a seeker all my life but outright spiritual for maybe 10 years or so.  I have teachers in other modalities.

I've been reading Journey to the West and have had some fun "decoding" some of the esoteric stuff there, as I enjoy doing with Mahabharata, Ramayana, into even the Lotus Sutra (e.g. the burning house and the three carts: daoist practice). 

Ummm...kinda hard to sum anything up regarding my journey. Quite eclectic, but that was how I was told it would go; ETs, shamanic power animals, ancestral spiritual lineage, all sorts of stuff...but so far I've ignored this stuff (as I've mostly worked either through a teacher/shaman for info and have received many dreams and some visions) and have resisted everything every step, though of course doing enough in order to take the next one. Basically, though I have many cool stories and understandings, I've decided to start over , take things much slower, beginning with the virgin boy series and establishing the lower dan tien.

One could call this body o' mine disabled at this point. Though the body's been rebuilding itself it seems across the past few months, though this process started years ago. Releases come much more often now, sometimes several a minute. It's like my posture is finally righting itself before it hits 40. I'm happy that the shoulder blades and neck area are at last beginning to open and shift--how much pain I stood with constantly my whole life and didn't notice! 

Mundane stuff: I was a US Army infantry officer and Iraq combat vet, academy grad, other grad schools, and traditional karate training in Shito-Ryu. I've of late reincorporated kata into the mix. 

Edited by Mote
  • Like 2

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Welcome, I look forward to reading your insights.  Great to have you onboard.

Sign in to follow this