Sign in to follow this  
Tado

Observe, contemplate, meditate:)

In terms of the years of my life , I am a very new student of the Dao. One of the most fascinating realizations,  to studying under great teachers and working my way through the many Taoist texts, is to realize that my core value system , is very much in line with the teachings of a balanced Daoist lifestyle. I’ve spent most of my life trying to understand why my core values were in opposition, to the most popular social and spiritual practices of my community, country and world. It is powerfully confirming and refreshing , to see that the voice in my head , is whispering ancient directives from the distant past. It is very clear to me, that we have an opportunity to link heaven and earth, and that this line of practice and thought seems to allow for the greatest degree of understanding , of what the term , linking heaven and earth means. Because I am an amateur scientist, A caregiver, a builder, an artist, a husband, an adult, and a bit of a child, I feel and hear the wisdom in Our ancient teachers,    Teachings. I truly think it is necessary to practice your forms, in conjunction with your standings forms  and your Seated meditations. I find it deeply satisfying to listen and read the ancient Taoist texts. I have spent most of my life listening to the deep convictions of the many practices , of the modern religions and have wondered how they could , so completely feel such a deep sense of comfort and clarity from these teachings and traditions. Upon this deep exploration of Taoism , I myself , am finally finding a philosophy, practice And idealism , that sits very comfortably within my inner knowing. I have heard my teachers say “you cannot be a Taoist”. Because what you say the Dao is , it is not! But I think there can be a tiny droplet of experience within the search for this “ way  “.  For that, I’m grateful that these traditions have existed and continue to be available to us, translated and read aloud and that we live in a world where we can fill our day , our mind and our intention with the values that led us in the past and can sustain us in the present and hopefully make us more beneficial to the world and the universe , in the future. Tado

• Like 3

Welcome to the Dao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Welcome, I look forward to reading your take on the Dao. 

Sign in to follow this