Sign in to follow this  
Gurney

Why hello there!

As requested, let me introduce myself.
I'm a life long martial artist from New Guinea, I descend from a lineage of head hunters.
I now practice mostly Ho'oponopono, and HEMA.
Just wanting to check out what you fine gents are on about.
That's all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gurney said:

As requested, let me introduce myself.
I'm a life long martial artist from New Guinea, I descend from a lineage of head hunters.
I now practice mostly Ho'oponopono, and HEMA.
Just wanting to check out what you fine gents are on about.
That's all.

Hey Gurney !  

I have fond memories of New Guinea people  - from work and also a touring band that used to call into our local  country hall ;

Boy, did we have fun with those guys !

"Hey you lot !  Dont just sit there watching or dancing , get up here and grab an instrument !  " 

I am interested in what martial arts you did  -  imported or tribal ?

I am a bit  familiar with  Ho'oponopono, but what is  HEMA  ? Is it  Historical European martial arts ?  I done a little bit of that.  But more so, I study and practice  kobudo , specifically ; bokken, bo, jo, tanto, sai kama and eku  ( wooden sword, long staff, short staff, dagger/s , tridents / truncheons,  sickles and oar ).

KobudoWeapons.jpg

In the past , nunchaku and tonfa , but they illegal here now. I have also wanted to do rochin and tinbe - the tortoise shell shield and coral headed club (or sometimes a  short spear or a machete ).  One day .

We are on about all different stuff .  I am on about  meeting new people and learning new 'cultural stuff ' .

.... or anything 'funky'  ;

Edited by Nungali

Sign in to follow this