Feral

Passin' Through

Hi Folks,

I keep finding myself returning to this forum so I finally decided that I might as well become a member. I'm not much of a "joiner" of things and I'm a little wary of belief systems in general. I think that's what attracts me to Taoism, at least the philosophical aspect, it seems to encourage finding one's own way rather than simply falling in line. In fact, that's why the forum interests me, there's a lot of intelligent (well, usually) discussion from people of diverse backgrounds, knowledge, and traditions/non-traditions. And...it seems to be fairly active, which is getting to be a rarity in the age of facebook and twitter.

So, I'm reluctant to say very much in my very first post. I'm well on in years and a little disappointed in  the haphazard way I spent (I musn't say wasted) most of my formative years. I'm pretty sure I know a lot less now than I did 30 years ago,  but more importantly, these days I see  beauty in simplest things. One thing I have learned is that a good sense of humor can take you far :D. Thanks for being here TDB, looks like a great place to stop in from time to time. 

• Like 6

Hello, Feral, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Feral,

There is something very comforting about finding your own way, and Taoism seems to naturally radiate a sense of peaceful harmony. Also, I find the less one thinks one knows, the more they are able to see. I look forward to reading more of your posts. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Feral said:

... not much of a "joiner" of things and I'm a little wary of belief systems in general.

Can't say for certain but my guess would be that many on this forum come from the same place. I myself don't have a Facebook account, or Instagram or Twit. But I do have interest in life and life processes and here on the Bums site I find s place where I can discuss/share these things without being harassed by trolls that can not manage to express a coherent line of thought without obscenity.

Come join the conversations. Welcome.

• Like 3