Sign in to follow this  
sean

The True Eye of the Tiger

Firstly let me say I'm really enjoying the book, and this thread. I'm really glad you guys are here...

I do admit, however, I had a little giggle to myself when I read this: "Ati, let's overcome verbalism by being concrete."

:)

Freeform, better we laugh than cry. Thanks for your kind comment, and I hope you will post about your background in the I Ching and what you find of interest in Ati's book.

Tom

Ati, I'd like to tell you about my notion of divination.

Forty five years ago When I was sixteen, I was driving a companion to a band performance. The weather was hot and windows were open. In a sharp curve we were passed by a speeding pickup truck, and I heard a laugh from the truck. "Who was that?" I asked. "It was L," she said.

Some weeks later at Sunday dinner, L was mentioned in conversation. I was in a contemplative frame of mind, and suddenly the meaning of the laugh bubbled up into consciousness: "L is a cruel person," I said.

I was severely berated by my parents for speaking unkindly of L, but they did get an apology from me. About six weeks later, L torture murdered an acquanitance. For this heinous crime he spent most of the rest of his life in the state penitentiary.

This event is my model of divination, and much of my life have been devoted to an attempt to clarify it:

I. Style is character.

II. Character is fate.

L's inner truth was revealed in the style (sardonic) of his laugh.

His inner truth necessarily gave rise to his fate.

With your background in wave propagation, you are perhaps familiar with the phenomenon of 'fist'. Fist is revelation of the individuality of a telegraph operator. Such revelation (aletheia: ἀλήθεια) is part of every expression. The aim of divination is to discover it.

Tom

Edited by Thomas Hood

Very interesting post, Tom. I am sorry I have to leave you and this hospitable site. Many perosnal problems. I hope someday I will be back.

See you all!...

Sakis Totlis

Sign in to follow this