Sign in to follow this  
steve

Book Chat

I thought it would be worthwhile to start a separate topic for the informal discussion of books other than those we're reading as a part of the book club.

If you want to recommend a book, chat with others about something you're reading or have read, have questions about a book, looking for advice on which books to buy... this is a place to do all that.

Happy Valentine's Day - Hallmark thanks you for your support... ;)

I thought it would be worthwhile to start a separate topic for the informal discussion of books other than those we're reading as a part of the book club.

If you want to recommend a book, chat with others about something you're reading or have read, have questions about a book, looking for advice on which books to buy... this is a place to do all that.

Happy Valentine's Day - Hallmark thanks you for your support... ;)

First thing first:

my teacher, Alan, asked me to read Robinet's History of Taoism. So I will read it, no matter what. Still if others are interested would be nice to read it all together.

Second, I think it would be interesting to read some ancient taoist texts on the art of the bedchamber, or similar.

What about Art of the Bedchamber?

http://www.thetaobums.com/Art-Of-The-Bedchamber-t2151.html

A book that might be of interest is The Whole Heart of Tao by Sifu John Bright-Fey, a practicing Taoist priest and lineage holder in a Zen (Chan) school. This is a translation by an author who cultivated the Tao Te Ching via the oral tradition. A far cry from the typical non-cultivator translations haunting the shelves of Barnes and Noble. I posted a brief review on this site. There's a more comprehensive review at Amazon.

Sign in to follow this