Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Negative attachments and positive allowances

On 1/24/2019 at 12:32 AM, Jonesboy said:

Thank you Dwai but I am still confused.

I get that we are all let's say Buddhas but it is our attachments that keep us from the realization.

Your Self Knowledge post seems to be about how attachments keeps us from clarity.

When you say awareness is the Light in which objects are known and then you bring in AV where all objects are an illusion. Are you saying there are no objects just awareness free from all such things?

Contrast allows you to know the objects or focus on them. The substance of everything is loving light. Consciousness is what everything is. The resonances is what create the different perspectives, but it all exists within your consciousness. 

So you're looking at yourself, in order to come to new perspective of yourself, your physical you is a very dense perspective, new preference arises from this perspective. And thus a new idea is born. However, this new idea is VERY OFTEN not realised untill one dies, why? Because people are simply too hung up on the perspectives which gave birth to the new idea! So they don't allow themselves to go with the their new idea. 

For example, you are thirsty, the preference is born for water. But then instead of thinking about water, focusing on water, causing the perspective of appreciating water to expand, one holds on to the perspective which caused the thirst, and thus one suffers their own thirst or that which inspired their preference or desire. Then one mistakingly states that the desire is the source of suffering, and they build a false idea which says "without desire I will be free." and as they consider the idea, it feels like relief to them because they mistakingly have decided to belief that the desire for water has caused their thirst, when it is completely the other way around.

So they conclude that it is the new preference to be without desire. And thus they allow themselves to go with it. And so they now have a new perspective, which no longer suffers their thirst. And as they no longer suffer their thirst, they now have a desire for water, and since they no longer suffer thirst, they are not attached to their thirst, and thus they allow that thirst to be quenched. And thus they enjoy drinking water. And now they say, just release the desire and you will get what you want. 

The misunderstanding is, they did not let go of their desire, because eternal expansion cannot stop. They let go of their resistance towards their own eternal expansion.

So often it is said, if you want to be enlightened, simply lighten up on yourself. 

Enjoy the desire in it's thought form, as the new idea, in the becoming stage of that new idea which allows for its own ever expanding greater realization and becoming. So the only necessity for ever expansion and enlightenment, is simply joy. 

To give thought to what one enjoys and wants. And their heart which can always feel that which they enjoy, be it thought or condition. But often in thought, people have an easier time of going with the flow. But conditions, people find it hard to let go, thus a great meditation releases awareness of physical conditions. And in doing so, the only awareness that remains is of all the new thoughts that your life has caused you to give birth to. And when one is thus suddenly aware of all the new leading edge thoughts of creation, one feels enlightened, clear minded, confident, joyful, free, in love with all that is, as it all helped them give birth to all these new ideas, that are in the process of becoming for them, evermore. And they simply go with the flow of all these new ideas and preferences. And no longer care so much about the conditions that helped them realise these new ideas and preferences for themselves. 

So focus happens effortlessly, due to the attractive nature of joy. And thus eternal expansion happens effortlessly aswell. As their will always be new birth of new desire in every new realisation of every new idea, comes a set of circumstances which yet again inspire a greater idea. And to go with the flow of that, is magnificent, and joyful, and freeing, and moving, and expansive, and enjoyable. 

The attention is often physical conditions yes, including the body. But when the preference is beyond the curre t physical, then holding your attention on the physical will just slow down the becoming of the preference. So suicide, sleep, or meditation becomes the path of lesser resistance to them. Often one finds greater benefit in just killing the idea or believe that set them in bondage to their current physical experience. 

However, one can also simply imagine the preferred being and becoming, as it is already always instantly fully has become 99% in non-physical fashion.

So this 99% cannot be heared or tasted or touched. But it can be felt. And that is what enlightened beings are capable of doing. Which anyone can do by just feeling your way to the idea that feels the best. If you know what you don't want you also know more clearly what it is you do want. So shifting the focus and attention, more and more and faster and faster ongoingly, causing the clarity to come to a peak of every expanding realisation and inspiration, the journey is effortless easy and fun.

They can feel it, thus know it internally. And all things that are not aligned with their greater knowing, thus then becomes a very funny mirrage or misunderstanding of the nature of reality. And they often see, people are creating their own reality by holding their attention on the very thing they don't want, thereby continueing its creation process. Even tho, it is not necessary for them to do so any longer. 

However, they do clarify their desires in doing that. So expansion still happens, but just slower than it actually should. 

So when resistance falls away, often civilizations like us, will snap into the light, like a elastically stretched chord that has been gaining tension for a long period of time. 

That is what people call the ascension process. 

However, as with every desire, people still have the choice to dissallow it. And in doing so, they gain a perspective of even greater clarity. So the terms change and evolve, from ascension to transcendence. 

These are all designed for beings with great powerful wanting, fast moving energies. Which have allot of resistance in them. Thus the suffering is that much greater, and tho simple the answers always be, the more big they will seem to be for them evermore. 

Because you simply cannot cease to exist. And everyone who dies, goes through that ascension or transenscion process. But no one needs to die, before allowing themselves to transcend. Because the questions of your life, all already contain the answer. The unknowing, are merely indications of your natural wish to allow your knowing. Allowing knowing is like letting go and accepting who you really are, which is who you really want to be. That can never be undone. No matter how hard you try. Or how long. Thus joy is your everlasting destiny. 

Edited by Everything

23 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

Likes, dislikes, desires and going with what feels good is what leads to attachments and keeps one in the local mind.  All of that is far from true clarity and what awareness really is.

So going with what feels good leads to attachments how? 

You really think you're gonna enjoy the ride more with a vehicle? Don't be attached to having no vehicle. If a buddha refuses to ride a bike, he's attached to something alright. His two feet. 

You are talking about attachments in the negative sense. You cannot have negative attachments / resistance and feel good at the same time. The laws of the universe do not allow that to be so. 

Thereason going with what feels good is the same thing as being without attachments, is because feeling good is of your natural nature. And going with the flow of your naturally good feeling nature doesn't require you to do something, but rather let go of what prevents you from being your full true self. Naturally. That which you enjoy, by your very nature. 

That's like saying, I'm thirsty. It would feel good to drink water. But that will lead to attachments. I'll just have to starve then... And good that you will die, cause otherwise ull be thirsty ever more. Not fun. Not natural. Not normal. 

You can be negatively attached to thirst and suffer. 

You can be positively attached to thirst, which then inspired the new preference of growth of new ideas and new freedom and new choice, to drink water. 

And then ul say, oh I like thirst. When I'm thirsty I really enjoy drinking water so much! I love this thirst! 

5 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

If you are thirsty then drink water. You need water or you will die.

If your feet hurt and you can ride a bike or ride in a car, it is commonsense to do so.

If on the other hand after a longs day of work you need a six pack to relax everyday, that is an attachment. If you are bored and you eat food because it makes you feel good that is an attachment.

If you like to spend all your money on clothes, because shopping makes you feel good then yes that is an attachment.

None of those things is the bliss of being that is ones natural state.

So you feel good by spending all your money on clothes? You feel good when you eat food in boredom?

Is that what feels good to you?

3 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

No, just using examples of addictions which make people feel good.

Do you feel good when you have an addiction?

1 hour ago, Jonesboy said:

Sure you can.

Do you feel good when smoking dope, crack, taking X,  or drinking beer? Most people would say yes.

Not me, I feel terrified, overwhelmed, ill, I have to puke, and then the idea alone makes me wanna puke. I feel confused, dazed, I can no longer see clearly, or focus in anyway whatsoever when I take these drugs or alcohol. You know why? EVERYONE has their own emotional guidance system that is specifically and unique for themselves! That is wonderful, so you recognize now the value of these drugs for your life specifically. And if you understand their value, then you can align with the value of it, without needing the the drugs themselves. But not resisting them either. Because everything can be of benefit. If you use it as such. in a good way.

Now let's say, you're one who's been focused on negative things, ideas and conditions your whole life, and you feel absolutely garbage, and you look at reality and it looks like garbage. Now you take these drugs and alcohol, and it changes your perspective, for example, weed or alcohol takes away your ability to focus, what happens, you no longer can focus negatively for very long. And as a result, your life experience becomes very reliefed, it is sort of like a forced diffusing of your focus. It is sort of like saying, meh whatever.

Taking that drugs or alcohol, is the same as saying "I care so much about how I feel, I'm no longer gonna care about anything that bothers me anymore." 

That is the same thing that Jesus and Buddha did! It is called unconditional love. So you're practicing enlightenment if you use drugs in that way, and you relise also you don't need drugs to stop caring either about things that bother you. And then you become more solution oriented in your life, more focused on all the good things in life. Why? Cause you simply wanna feel good, and in doing so, your life thus then becomes good, because you've chosen to be your true self, unconditionally, meaning regardless of any conditions whatsoever.

So can you see how taking these drugs and alcohol can cause people to let go of their negative attachments and can you see the value in that? As you already have recognized for yourself?

The same with all addictions, they are just permission slips that we use to allow ourselves to become more of who we truely already are. So for example, taking jog or walk outside is the same thing. People don't call it an addiction, but if you feel you need to do that in order to focus in such a way that is beneficial to you, you simply do it, and you enjoy it, and you feel better, and you let go of negative attachments. Unless you keep on running and you insist that you have to only feel better if you keep running because one time in the past you felt good by running, so now you decide to run untill you choke and spit blood, before you give up feeling good through this permission slip alone, cause you're negatively attached to it instead of positively allowing it to serve you in the moment of feeling inspired to do it just for the good feeling of it.

Same with listening to good feeling music to distract you from things that might bother you, and thus recognize more good things that do please you in your life. So we can all just pop some music in our ears, and be happy, as long as we keep our focus and attention on the music. Now that is using an attachment in the positive sense. But realise, eventually, you're gonna want to just say to yourself, I don't need those things to focus on what I want to focus and feel good, under any and all circumstances that may only inspire me more and more, evermore, of all the good things I may actually be wanting to focus upon.

Because drugs, music, jogging, alcohol, can all be used to create more negative attachments, or release them. You can be listening to sad music all day and be sad all day, and then attract more sadness into your life, meet up with sad people, and make speeches about your and their victimhood.

And you can jog with hatred for your own body and life and attempt to kill yourself by walking endlessly. These things can cause minor reliefs, in how you feel, but if you keep doing them, they eventually feel worse and worse and just create more negative attachments.

The conditions of your life don't matter. They don't matterialize. They don't create matter, literally. Your state of being is what creates the matter around you, the conditions. So if you take any condition, with the intention of feeling better, unconditionally, then you will allow the benefit of every condition. Be it drugs, alcohol, jogging, music, or meditation. Once you feel good, you're just simply going with the flow, of your natural purpose in life, your higher purpose for being here, and doing so always leaves you feeling more inspired, and alive, and joyous.

Edited by Everything

The most difficult thing for people to do, is realise how simple enlightenment is. To simply lighten up on your self. No one wants to hear that. No one wants to take the general approach of feeling better, unconditionally, meaning regardless of the conditions around you.

We are being with tremendous capability of focusing, and when we don't focus, we're simply not feeling satisfied enough. So most people would rather focus negatively than not focus at all!

But if you can learn that you can use your focus in a general way, then the specifics you truely seek to focus upon in life, and thus expand upon in life, will become so OBVIOUS that you cannot help but focus more on them.

So let's say, you want to feel good. You focus on very simple and easy good things. Like the idea, I'm alive. I'm healthy. It's good.

Now if your focus is not satisfied, you become impatient, and emmediatly block your own energy current, before you even get a good feeling emotion, you say "Oh how boring, I'm alive, fck that, I'd rather wanna be dead."

Boom, over. You failed to focus.

So start over again. This time, make sure you wanna not be distracted and give yourself time. You feel frustrated, you wanna feel relief.

Focus on the idea of relief. What does it mean to you? And the important thing here is, take the emotional journey, the energy motional, not the action doing stuff  of taking drugs. So you say, relief, feels like taking drugs, that idea feels like relief, like letting go, like finally. It feels like OOOhhh aahh finally. Like taking a warm shower on a cold day, and sitting on the couch all well and and clean. It feels like finally coming home after a hard days of work, and relaxing and completely lying down and aaah... Relief feels like finally. It feels expansive. (see how focus causes momentum to increase of the energy stream, without contradicting it? Giving you more and more an emotional reading of good feeling?) It feels like the pleasure after having had sex, that just lingers around and makes me feel so relaxed and pleased and satisfied and happy, and not have care in the world, feels like being totally in the moment and enjoying the moment fully. That's what relief feels like the more I focus on the idea of relief. The more I begin to feel relief. And the more I begin to recognize things in my life that are of like nature to that relief. How easy is this process of focusing on general terms of how I want to feel? And how beneficial, and how leveraging and powerful and effective and efficient. Finally I found a way to feel good in life, by mere virtue of positive focus, generally. And allowing the the specifics of my energy grid to automatically and effortlessly fill in with more and more specifics, naturally, in alignment with the natural expansion of the universe. Easy, ah relief.... I'm gonna do this every day, cause I like feeling good, and finally I know how to feel good unconditionally. Relief. Evermore. Untill my enetire life becomes a reflection of rapturous extacy, reliefing into rapturous bliss and extacy beyond anything that anyone has every experienced.

I just 30 seconds focus on relief. the energy multiplies by the minute. Imagine what 20 minutes of focus on relief would do. It would forever benefit your life, unlike any drug can ever do.

No, I don't find the value in them. Such attachments is what all the spiritual traditions talk about moving beyond.

Then you are attached to their negative value.

That is called suppression and has nothing to do with becoming spiritual. It is very dangerous and unhealthy. Instead of dealing with the thoughts, the attachments you are looking for a "thing" to make you happy. That is not the way.

Insisting that you "deal" with a thought, is an attachment to that thought.

No, do not see how using drugs is anywhere close to what Jesus or the Buddha taught. The exact opposite to be honest.

Hear no evil see no evil. The relationship is one of conditional enlightenment, and unconditional enlightenment. Where the buddha and Jesus chose unconditional enlightenment. That doesn't mean conditional enlightenment cannot be of benefit in giving you the knowledge that something beyond your current experience actually exists. Everything can have a positive benefit, it just depends on how you use it. And if you use it in an unconditional way, for the purpose of feeling better alone, then you will also stop taking it when it feels bad to do so, because you will be very focused on your own unconditional energy motional state of being, very aware and conscious of it. And thus you know how and wether or not what you're doing serves you or not, action or thought wise.

They keep you trapped in the local mind and very, very far from who you really are.

If you believe that the conditions of your life is a trap, then you're attached to the idea that conditions are prisonhood. And thus in this attachment, of thoughts, and habbits of thoughts of victimhood, you can no longer allow yourself to move forward to your natural wanting to recognize the freedom in and under any and all conditions that is eternally and forevermore yours.

Another example of using a thing to suppress what is bothering you.

Work on clarity and let it all flow through.. you really don't need a "thing" to feel better.

P.S. At the same time.. nothing wrong with a good beer :)

There is no such thing as "suppressing" what is bothering you. If it is bothering you, it is bothering you, because you're focused on it. So rather I would call it an attachment to the thing that is bothering you, that is causing it to bother you. When you release the focus of what's bother you, appreciate the thing that bothers you for helping clarify your desire and wanting to focus in such a way that you're not bothered, then you allow yourself to feel good again.

http://buddhasutra.com/files/lankavatara_sutra.htm

Then said Mahamati to the Blessed One: Why is it that the ignorant are given up to discrimination and the wise are not?

The Blessed One replied: it is because the ignorant cling to names, signs and ideas; as their minds move along these channels they feed on multiplicities of objects and fall into the notion of an ego-soul and what belongs to it; they make discriminations of good and bad among appearances and cling to the agreeable. As they thus cling there is a reversion to ignorance, and karma born of greed, anger and folly, is accumulated. As the accumulation of karma goes on they become imprisoned in a cocoon of discrimination and are thenceforth unable to free themselves from the round of birth and death.

Because of folly they do not understand that all things are like Maya, like the reflection of the moon in water, that there is no self-substance to be imagined as an ego-soul and its belongings, and that all their definite ideas rise from their false discriminations of what exists only as it is seen of the mind itself. They do not realize that things have nothing to do with qualify and qualifying, nor with the course of birth, abiding and destruction, and instead they assert that they are born of a creator, of time, of atoms, of some celestial spirit. It is because the ignorant are given up to discrimination that they move along with the stream of appearances, but it is not so with the wise.

Edited by Jonesboy

14 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

http://buddhasutra.com/files/lankavatara_sutra.htm

Then said Mahamati to the Blessed One: Why is it that the ignorant are given up to discrimination and the wise are not?

The Blessed One replied: it is because the ignorant cling to names, signs and ideas; as their minds move along these channels they feed on multiplicities of objects and fall into the notion of an ego-soul and what belongs to it; they make discriminations of good and bad among appearances and cling to the agreeable. As they thus cling there is a reversion to ignorance, and karma born of greed, anger and folly, is accumulated. As the accumulation of karma goes on they become imprisoned in a cocoon of discrimination and are thenceforth unable to free themselves from the round of birth and death.

Because of folly they do not understand that all things are like Maya, like the reflection of the moon in water, that there is no self-substance to be imagined as an ego-soul and its belongings, and that all their definite ideas rise from their false discriminations of what exists only as it is seen of the mind itself. They do not realize that things have nothing to do with qualify and qualifying, nor with the course of birth, abiding and destruction, and instead they assert that they are born of a creator, of time, of atoms, of some celestial spirit. It is because the ignorant are given up to discrimination that they move along with the stream of appearances, but it is not so with the wise.

Fear hatred guilt, are very difficult things for many people indeed.

But do you know, what is not difficult? Forgiveness.

It is infact so easy, that one cannot even do it. And if one tries to do it, they will always fail. Because forgiveness is more easy than anything that you can ever do in life and as life. It is so easy, infact, that you cannot even do it and never will be able to do it.

The reason for this, is because forgiveness is an act of non-doing, of wei wu wei. It is not something that you do, but it is about letting go of doing something that prevents forgiveness from naturally happening as it always is already happening and attempting to happen naturally and effortlessly and instantly. Evermore, always has and always will.

If you hold a pencil in your hand, you have to use effort to keep holding on to that pencil. You hold it in front of you, in your hand, where you can see your own hand holding on to that pencil. The muscles are strained. There is energy and intention in the holding of that pencil. But you can never let go of it. It simply cannot be done. It is literally not something that you can do. Untill you stop doing the thing that keeps you attached to that pencil. Which is holding on to it. When you no longer hold on to it, the pencil will drop. 

Then you say, I did that! I did an act of non-action. Now I have achieved enlightenment. And that's true. It really is that easy.

Thus, forgiving, and letting go, and letting god, are all effortless. Zero effort. The most easy thing in all of the human life experience. So easy, that it simply cannot be done. You just have to stop doing the thing that doesn't allow it to happen. And when you surrender, and lay down your arms, and you let go, you will feel better. In feeling better, your energy moves again, freely. You move again along the path of least resistance, as you are naturally designed to do, as all of creation is naturally designed to do.

Your natural self is thus then alife and well once again. And through this good feeling nature of your being, you are always inspired to move with your own natural freedom and ability to love all the things that you love, that will forevermore inspire the acts of true creation, in alignment with the Source of All Creation.

Your own true energy is it's own maintenance. It is the same energy that creates worlds. It is the ever abbounding stream of well-being. And if you flow with it, all things that are not of it's nature, or that have resistance towards their own nature, cannot hold on to you. It is simply not compatible energetically, it bounces off.

And if you do not flow with it, and against it, you are flowing against your own energy, denying your own nature, and doing what is unnatural. And the result is only ever for yourself, uncomfortable. And for those who do the same. But this discomfort can only last as long as you have the physical body through which you excersize your resistance to your own nature, that is of all nature, and of all the well-being of all nature.

Thus forgiveness can undo a bullet. Because it is always one step ahead of those who denie their own being and their own full true nature. And this ever expansion of eternal nature, and existance, is not happening in spite of you. It is happening because of you, through you and as you. You are a part of all of it. When all the good things come your way when you forgive, it is only that they never could, because you pushed them away for so long. When all the bad things go away, it is only that they never could, because you have been holding on to them for so long. You are forever ment to be happy. Because you are of a good nature. And if you allow yourself to be who it is you truely already are, always have been and always will be in the ever becoming of the evermore, then you are indeed happy, and all things do go well for you. And this home-coming will always be one of great joy, not only for you, but for all who are of you aswell.

Yes, in order to forgive you have to let go of the pain within you.

Forgiveness is really more about your own suffering than anything else. Let go of the attachment and the light will flow through.

Same with chasing pleasure.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this