Almost at the time I Awoke I started Qi Gong.

I have since also practiced Qi Gong and teach students that practice along with me.

When the Master first asked me to take over the classes it was not relish apparent that the students were more joining me in practice than I was teaching them - though guiding them here and there is part of the practice.

Very slowly speaking of Awakening emerged. And so much was aided by the often rough and tumble dialogue spent here.

With new students and more coming to learn about Awakening and “the” way - it has been wonderful to not have too many students just now.

It is refreshing in bringing back the initial black and white extreme shifting of the new curious students.

And looking at the rigidized students of long practice and many pages sifted over the years.

Often a student will assume I know all of the words they use from some well known practice.

A slight hint that something may be of value to look at and they often infer volumes. 

The volatility and want of an exact transparent full explanation to a mercurial scan of every little bit expressed is - very fresh.

Older students are often like bricks - epoxied in so many places - and unfortunately often they have years of solid practice in improper meditation. Yet some are extremely skillful but radically walled off in the dungeons of words and teachings taken far to the extremes and unable to lighten up.

Many say something like “I don’t feel a thing” and then go on later to point out many things they discard that are clearly things they feel on subtle levels but simply cannot see the forest through the trees.

And some are staring at a tree and think it’s the forest.and lock in from there - often an experience they have concluded and labeled and created a belief in.

The beginners mind is rare in an older student - but they may hear fine inner guidance within their existing practice and this can clear the weeds in their ears. 

The really gifted ones often come and go and miss the boat entirely - they have food, dress and the lingo down and have “experiences”

under their belt - they are ready to teach in their minds - they often ask if we have a program and certificates. (I teach for free (or at some cost to me) and don’t print certificates)

Some students get really hung up on the color of the paper and the choice of the fonts and if the teacher is fat or looks like a hobbit.

It is fun to see this - it unfolds a bit in this case like bouncing a super ball in a small hard surfaced area - 😎

I have found the best teachers share with their being. No need for words at all.

Always open and willing, when you are ready.

• Like 2