anshino23

Greetings

Hi, I am Anshino.

Happy to be here.

Lots of great topics and people.

Thank you,

EDIT: Short introduction:

I have been on the spiritual path seriously practicing for the past two-three years. I primarily come from a background of Buddhism with a focus on shamatha (anapana) ala Bill Bodri's methods of cultivation; then turned g yogic after finding a wonderful Teacher, and now exploring Daoist systems as a way of supporting health so that the body is less of an obstacle for my practice. I love the simplicity and beauty of Daoism in particular and especially in terms of the dual-cultivation method of xing-ming.

I am about to commence some serious Qigong training and am very dedicated to a conscious celibate lifestyle that will foster the fastest growth and deep healing.

I hope to learn and share experiences with the students of the eternal Arts here.

Thank you,

Edited by anshino23
Introduction
  • Like 2

Hello, anshino23, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Anshino,

Great to have you here. Welcome and enjoy 😊 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thank you for the invitation. @Marblehead : I have added a bit of my background edited in the first post.

Currently very interested in Qigong for the purposes of improving my health and removing my blockages. I have blockages in gut area and kidney area especially from what I can tell I and have been using SFQ (five elements) along with a standing Zhan Zhuang mostly, but am now examining other systems as well.

I am part of a Tantric lineage but the foundation required for the advanced techniques is all to be laid by the practitioner by improving their health and establishing the foundation (the lower dantien) before the higher teachings are taught - by primarily shamatha/concentration techniques along with a healthy lifestyle.

I am also doing my best to be celibate for the accumulation of energy and regaining lost health. But find it difficult living with a girlfriend. As long as I do my best, it should be okay. Patience is truly a virtue in this aspect! :lol:

Thank you for asking! How about yourself? :)

Edited by anshino23
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, anshino23 said:

Thank you for the invitation. @Marblehead : I have added a bit of my background edited in the first post.

Thanks.  Some of us like to know a little about a new member before we start interacting with them.  Reduced the possibilities of confusion and especially offending comments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anshino23 said:

Thank you for asking! How about yourself? :)

I have no specific practice except for Double Sword Tai Chi which I haven't spent much time with lately.

I get up in the morning, do things until I run out of energy then take the rest of the day off.

• Like 1