Tombartifacts

Beauty of the Tombs

the tombs could mean the last dwelling for our bodies, a place empty and full of weakened nature, my mom says that she is not going to go alone to wherever we go, she says that many will accompany her, is somehow  uncomfortable and for some until terrifying not knowing where we will go, when she dies, she wants us to prepare a feast to feed her guests, she said, please cover my face because my mouth is going to look like a mummy I do not want them to see me like that, it's nice for us to talk about those things, although sometimes it scares us, we talk about all the things that our minds think will happen, in Mexico the Day of the Dead is celebrated, flowers are brought to the tombs to remember the loved ones, they also prepare the food that they liked so much, when I was little I liked to look at all the merchants because they had lots of flowers of all colors  my dad took me to bring flowers to my grandpa Lolo and my grandmother Antonia, I remember when I entered the pantheon I saw the graves, the withered flowers thrown away, powdered and watered on the ground, the worn stones and some fallen crosses, some tombs had white stone and some only dust, many chose to carry synthetic flowers to preserve the tombs adorning for much longer, without a doubt this is a topic that many do not want to talk about but although sometimes I am afraid, I like to talk about it with my mother, and it's something that I think is beautiful, the graves for me mean a quiet place full of abstraction, where memories are discovered that make us think of the humans of past generations, and of course it also makes me think that once I will have mine and it scares me but it is something that I feel I have to express, this is my writing about the beauty of the tombs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Beautifully vivid, new friend. I think we all come to a place in our lives where we reflect on our own tomb, and all the things behind us now and all the things that may still lie ahead... For me, reflection when done without fear seems to bring the most peace. Thank you for sharing yours. (-:

mountain_sunset.jpg?w=474&h=262

• Like 4