Sign in to follow this  
Sakura Hanabi

Seeking to understand.

I've been recently exposed to Taoism, Qigong and the likes and I find it fascinating as much as it is baffling. I signed up here to get a better grasp and understanding of these practices from real people. I look forward to learning from you all. 

Edited by Sakura Hanabi
  • Like 6

Hello, Sakura Hanabi, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hello Sakura,

This forum is very good for helping you to understand things, and then baffling you more. Life is indeed a cycle of ever deepening clarity... enjoy!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 3

Hi Sakura.  Welcome.

You should be able to find many discussion of your interests.  Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Sakura Hanabi said:

I've been recently exposed to Taoism, Qigong and the likes and I find it fascinating as much as it is baffling. I signed up here to get a better a grasp and understanding of these practices from real people. I look forward to learning from you all. 

Welcome to daobums Sakura! Curious about your name too. I love sakura flowers but when I googled it just now I saw an anime drawing with pink hair. Cute. :)   

May I ask, what's your exposure with Taoism and Qigong? I don't feel I'm that deeply immersed in it but I've done some Sheng Zhen and Flying Phoenix qigong, also a bit of Taichi in the past (that's where I started). I've also done golden flower meditation and currently looking for a teacher to mentor me in this path.

My suggestion is to check out the personal journals. I've discovered a treasure trove of insights and experiences from people from  documentation/sharing of their practices. Some people have also reached out to me who were generous to share their insights from my own reflections in my personal journal. At the same time, you might bump into some tricky discussions, funny posts and sometimes sharing of music and art. At least that's from my experience. Looking forward to reading more of your posts and maybe your personal practice journal (hopefully when I've adjust to my work schedule!) Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, emptycup said:

Welcome to daobums Sakura! Curious about your name too. I love sakura flowers but when I googled it just now I saw an anime drawing with pink hair. Cute. :)   

I'm nowhere near the word cute or anime, unfortunately. I just thought that the handle describes how I feel about learning in general. 

3 hours ago, emptycup said:

May I ask, what's your exposure with Taoism and Qigong? I don't feel I'm that deeply immersed in it but I've done some Sheng Zhen and Flying Phoenix qigong, also a bit of Taichi in the past (that's where I started). I've also done golden flower meditation and currently looking for a teacher to mentor me in this path.

Reading about esoteric and spiritual practices like Kundalini awakening (http://www.kundaliniguide.com/spiritual-practices-transformation/) piqued my interest and it's what led me here. I am yet to apply anything into action and the goal is to put the wheel in motion soon. I am a neophyte in the truest sense of the word.

4 hours ago, emptycup said:

My suggestion is to check out the personal journals. I've discovered a treasure trove of insights and experiences from people from  documentation/sharing of their practices. Some people have also reached out to me who were generous to share their insights from my own reflections in my personal journal. At the same time, you might bump into some tricky discussions, funny posts and sometimes sharing of music and art. At least that's from my experience. Looking forward to reading more of your posts and maybe your personal practice journal (hopefully when I've adjust to my work schedule!) Enjoy!

Thank you for the insight. Going through the discussion boards and shared information here is indeed golden. I look forward to getting the same support that you have! 

6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Welcome. Interesting name. I hope to hear more about your interests and help you build upon your understanding of the Tao and Qigong here, as well as learn more about you and what I presume to be some admiration for Japanese culture and language based on your username (which I have as well). 

Who isn't fascinated by the Japanese culture and language? I think most people are, one way or another, and that includes myself. :) 

Thank you kindly! I am currently reading the Tao Te Ching and will post questions in the proper forum as I go along. I hope you all could help me better understand the context of the book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sakura Hanabi said:

Thank you kindly! I am currently reading the Tao Te Ching and will post questions in the proper forum as I go along. I hope you all could help me better understand the context of the book.

We have had recent studies of all the chapters of the TTC.  If you can find those studies you are welcome to ask any questions you might have in any of the chapter threads.  There will always be some who will address your questions.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

We have had recent studies of all the chapters of the TTC.  If you can find those studies you are welcome to ask any questions you might have in any of the chapter threads.  There will always be some who will address your questions.

I actually did just that! I've gone through the [TTC Study] thread and it is now in my reading bucket list. :)  Thank you!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this