Sign in to follow this  
satyagraha

Possibly the most chilling and important Documentary Ever created?

Very interesting, kind of chilling if what it says its true (i believe it to be so)...possibly the most informative thing on religion and politics i have ever seen...would appreciate other opinions...I am very curious to see what others think....

afterall...truth is not told...it is realized...

the movie is at:

zeitgiestmovie.com

Edited by satyagraha

It is counting on people to not double check their "research", such as it has a section that compares the life of Horus with the life of Jesus and portrays them to be nearly identical. If you read the life of Horus on a real Egyptology website or even Wiki Horus, you will see that part is not true. Horus and Jesus have nothing in common other than they both have mothers who had divine parentage. Beyond that theres no similarity.

The movie has some good stuff but you really need to sift it out. Not worth the watch in my opinion.

It is counting on people to not double check their "research", such as it has a section that compares the life of Horus with the life of Jesus and portrays them to be nearly identical. If you read the life of Horus on a real Egyptology website or even Wiki Horus, you will see that part is not true. Horus and Jesus have nothing in common other than they both have mothers who had divine parentage. Beyond that theres no similarity.

The movie has some good stuff but you really need to sift it out. Not worth the watch in my opinion.

hmmm...thank you for your opinion, Im going to research that further...

Note this, however...

"Now, it's important to point out that there is a tendency to simply disbelieve things that are

counter to our understanding, without the necessary research performed.

For example, some information contained in Part 1 and Part 3, specifically, is not obtained

by simple keyword searches on the Internet. You have to dig deeper. For instance,

very often people who look up "Horus" or "The Federal Reserve" on the Internet

draw their conclusions from very general or biased sources."

from their statement page

Also...

"Online encyclopedias or text book

Encyclopedias often do not contain the information contained in Zeitgeist. However, if one takes

the time to read the sources provided, they will find that what is being presented is

based on documented evidence. "

from their statement page

Edited by satyagraha

Encyclopedias often do not contain the information contained in Zeitgeist? What? Where does Zeitgeist get its info? What sources? Both Cambridge University and UCLA have Egyptology departments and wesite resources on the life of Horus as does that Haiwass guy IN EGYPT and we're to believe they missed the similarity with the life of Horus and that of Jesus or they are all involved in a conspiracy to cover it up? Two secular institutions and a Moslem are hiding it?

Thats like someone saying Lao Tzu was born on December 25th, was found in temple teaching when he was 12, was baptized in a river, preached and healed people for three and a half years, was crucified, died and rose from the dead, but you wont find that in online or in text books or encylopedia's.

Why are people so afraid of Jesus? The guy was a perfect Taoist Immortal, no reason to disparage him or his lineage followers.

cool. thanks for your opinion. I have no bias either way. I could easily see this getting out of hand, I wanted only to throw that information out there to play devils advocate. I respect what you have to say. it says on the site all of the sources incase you wanted to know. once again, I do not have any reservations either way.

The sources....

* Special thanks to Acharya S for her consultation for this section *

Massey, Gerald - The Historic Jesus and the Mythical Christ, The Book Tree

Carpenter, Edward: Pagan and Christian Creeds: Their Origin and Meaning Book Tree, 1998

Acharya S - The Christ Conspiracy, Adventures Unlimited Press

Massey, Gerald - Ancient Egypt: Light of the World, Kessinger Publishing

Churchward, Albert -The Origin and Evolution of Religion, The Book Tree

Acharya S - Suns of God, Adventures Unlimited Press

Murdock, D.M. - Who was Jesus?, Steller House Publishing

Allegro, John - The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Christian Myth, Prometheus Books

Frazer, Sir James: The Golden Bough, Touchstone Pub., 1890

Maxwell, Tice, Snow - That Old Time Religion, The Book Tree

Rolleston, Frances: Mazzaroth, Rivingtons, Waterloo Place, 1862

Cumont, Franz: Astrology and Religion Among the Greeks and Romans Cosimo Classics 1912

King James Version, The Holy Bible, Holman

Fideler, David: Jesus Christ, Sun of God Quest Books, 1993

Berry, Gerald: Religions Of The World, Barnes & Noble Pub., 1965

Leedom, Tim C - The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You To Read, TS Books

Wheless, Joseph: Forgery in Christianity: A Documented Record of the Foundations of the Christian Religion 1930

Remsburg, John E. - The Christ: A Critical Review and Analysis of the Evidence of His Existence, Prometheus Books

Massey, Gerald - Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Mysteries of Amenta, Kessinger Publishing

Irvin, Jan & Rutajit, Andrew - Astrotheology and Shamanism, The Book Tree

Doherty, Earl - The Jesus Puzzle: Did Christianity Begin with a Mythical Christ?, Age of Reason Pub.

Campbell, Joseph - Creative Mythology: The Masks of God, Penguin

Doane, T.W. - Bible Myths and Their Parallels in Other Religions, Health Research

Maxwell, Jordan: The Light of World (Film Series) IRES

Singh, Madanjeet: The Sun- Symbol of Power and Life, UNESCO, 1993

The Naked Truth (Film) IRES

Jackson, John G. : Christianity Before Christ, American Atheist Press, 1985

Sign in to follow this