Owledge

Heartbeat anomalies in relation to nei gung / meditation

I'm interested in discussion this. I've read up a little and apparently it can have so many causes and different types, including psychological causes, and can range from totally harmless to life-threatening.

I occasionally perceive something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectopic_beat mostly during a personalized simple nei gung technique, but also when there are certain positive spiritual-emotional triggers that impact my perception without me focusing intently on them.

How much is known about this connection in spiritual circles? What are your personal experiences with this? And how much might the more phsical-medical types be triggered by or interact with spiritual practices?

Lately for example, during said nei gung, for maybe 10-20 seconds I had an extra heartbeat in-between; I mean my heart was beating in triplets, almost like a short musical bass line. And it felt neutral or even slightly pleasant, like a gentle but distinct pulse going through the heart, and I might be mistaken but it seemed to move upwards.

My practice also, when it works well (I think), makes my heart beat a lot stronger, usually when I push my waist and chest forward. That strong heartbeat during the practice usually coincides with my 6th-and-7th-chakra energy flaring up. (The energy feels like a mix of magnetic forces and gentle pressure moving about.)

For some years of practice I was experiencing sensations in the solar plexus and heart. It culminated in a period of several days where I was waking up with tingling and numbness in my left arm as well as shortness of breath. This was enough for me to head to my doctor, especially as I had had a heart murmur diagnosis a long time back. I ended up having a battery of tests (EEG, EKG etc) — everything returned as normal, and I was also checking in with my teacher.

There is interpenetration between all the bodies so absolutely no reason that spiritual practices wouldn’t trigger a process that manifests as a medical condition. And vice versa. E.g. issues can be felt in the etheric body or ‘etheric double’ before they come to manifest in the physical body (a good example of this is in cases of phantom limb syndrome). I don’t know how this model would relate in nei gung but there might be something similar?

It's difficult to make ad-hoc diagnoses oneself based on energetic sensations alone. What is painful may not be a problem and what sometimes feels pleasurable or 'strong' may nevertheless be an issue in the bigger picture. It all depends on one’s own practices and situation and the more diagnostics you have available, the better.

Hope it all goes ok!

Edited by Cueball
  • Like 1

I had similar probs with both ;  heart beat relay nerve compressed by misaligned spine  ( also in associated areas can give arm or hand/fingers numbness )  get your verts checked ! 

T1 & T2

VertebralSubluxationandNerveChart_0.jpg

• Like 1

Phantom limb syndrome would be more like the other way round though. Having been used to an essential part of the body, of course when it is missing the brain region for using it will still fire and create a familiar perception, especially since the person does not want the change.

• Like 1

Yes I think in other models though it is an energy body which is perceived in such cases — one which is still functioning even in cases where the physical limb has been removed. It can also be seen by those who see such things.

If your view is that our perception comes through multiple subtle bodies, then for sure meditation and 'spiritual' work can and does affect the other bodies/vehicles. (And explains why certain phenomena are often not picked up by medical diagnostics even where the pain or sensation is very tangible.)

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Cueball
  • Like 1