Oculus

Tried 2 day detox, questions regarding side effects

In addition to what is consumed, one should cultivate the habit of being aware of what to refrain from consuming. Both approaches must work synergistically. For example, I love cheeses, especially good cheddar... but of late, its causing some discomfort whenever I eat it, so I know its time to set it aside. Every once in a while, I would have a bit though, just to see if the rejection is maybe temporary, but so far, it does not seem like it is. Besides dairy, I have also removed the consumption of chops and steaks from the diet, reduced all meat intake by at least 50%, and the times when I feel like a bit of meat, its always slow-cooked until really tender or real soft. Soups and stews are good as they are easily digestible and the micro-nutrients nourish both the physical and subtle body.

I like to advice friends to avoid heavy consumption of commercially produced milk and dairy, if possible. There's something in these products that increases phlegm build-up exponentially. Beers and fizzy drinks as well. Phlegm is a magnet for toxins, and is one of the primary causes for many types of ailments if not expunged properly. In the main, phlegm impacts the airways negatively, and this in itself is bad enough - the vitality of breath is paramount to good health maintenance.

Many Westerners have a polite habit of swallowing phlegm that rises to the throat. So basically one is eating a blob of toxin! Asian people do the unsightly opposite. First time visitors to Asia will be shocked by the frequency in which Asians clear their throat and spit rather matter-of-factly. Not that I agree with this rather crass habit. One could always avail of a tissue, no? 

Eating/drinking mindfully (as in 'slowly') ought to be consistently observed. There is absolutely no reason to rush. Unlike some animals, our system is not designed to gorge food frantically. Eat and drink with a sense of calmness and gratitude. Learn to be grateful for meal times, and for being fully aware of eating when you are eating. Bless your meals and drinks as you begin consumption.

Gather a sense of joy each time you sit down to nourish yourself. 

• Like 1