Sign in to follow this  
nohbody

Some devil

Hi Everybody, Somebody and Anybody,

That's not my job.

- Nobody

That’s Not My Job

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.  There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.  Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.  Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job.  Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.  It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.

David McMurtry

So it remains my job to tell you -

That's not my job - period.

Because it is the weekend.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct typo error.
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 1:47 AM, nohbody said:

I see that "military mindset" taking root today in sinister ways across the land of the free...

Hi nohbody,

It is reality - we accept the good/bad together Taoistically?

It may be sticky but let us do it anyway ...

- LimA

On 8/14/2017 at 6:38 AM, nohbody said:

I just go with the Tao. If it has a purpose it's beyond me

Hi nohbody,

This will be my last post on swimming back from the deep end - a better man.

Earlier I was looking for something on struggles in life from Mencius for you.

Just found it, thus this post.

Here goes:

MENCIUS’ THOUGHTS

“Heaven, when it is about to place a great responsibility on a man, always first tests his resolution, wears out his sinews and bones with toil, exposes his body to starvation, subjects him to extreme poverty, frustrates his efforts so as to stimulate his mind, toughen his nature and make good his deficiencies.

Men for the most part can mend their ways only after they made mistakes. Only when they are frustrated in mind and in their deliberations can they stand up anew. Only when their intentions become visible on their countenances and audible in their voices can they be understood by others.

As a rule, a state without law-abiding families and trustworthy Gentlemen on the one hand, and, on the other, without the threat of external aggression, will perish. Only then do we realize that anxiety and distress lead to life and that ease and comfort end in death.”

- Mencius, Book VI Kao-Tzu

Part II, 15

Confucius Hall, Hong Kong

When we have suffered well and accept suffering as a natural part of living, life is life.

Life is not about unyeilding suffering anymore.

Live well forward, brother. Our paths will cross again.

- LimA

Sign in to follow this