Gerry

Translation of the end of TTC chapter 1

7 hours ago, Mig said:

So what's the result of the last line? Miao as subtley, wonder, essence?

We are talking about Mystery and Manifest being of the same source but called different aspects of what is.

Spirituality vs Materialism.  Wu vs Yu.  That which is and the potential of what could be.

It's really not all that much of a mystery nor does it require much deep thought.

All is One.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

We are talking about Mystery and Manifest being of the same source but called different aspects of what is.

Spirituality vs Materialism.  Wu vs Yu.  That which is and the potential of what could be.

It's really not all that much of a mystery nor does it require much deep thought.

All is One.

Indeed the line about "mystery" that word appears in the last line. I guess is a translation issue or I didn't understand anything LOL

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mig said:

Indeed the line about "mystery" that word appears in the last line. I guess is a translation issue or I didn't understand anything LOL

Oh, I had a problem with it too.  A lot of people take it into the alchemic or spiritual realms but I just couldn't find just cause to do that myself.  I am, after all, a Materialist.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Oh, I had a problem with it too.  A lot of people take it into the alchemic or spiritual realms but I just couldn't find just cause to do that myself.  I am, after all, a Materialist.

I guess it is not important to hang on one word, if the word was there it was for a reason and most likely to rhyme mi-au and ji-au, the importance is the message but without the help with someone who had studied the old book I would have never guessed or found out. And indeed it is better to have you than not to have so no more desires. I guess to have it you had desires prior to have. The famous sale saying: buy with emotions and justify with logic.

• Like 1