bojole

The Spleen Chakra

There was a problem in my life - I was not accepting pleasure. Before learning about TCM I was thinking that this is a psychological problem, but it looks like it's my Spleen. 

Here is a very good post I found recently. 

It's about chakras, but it says Svadisthana Chakra is Spleen Chakra. So pleasure is somehow related to Spleen. 

I have other symptoms which say that my Spleen is unbalanced. 

http://www.angelfire.com/de2/newconcepts/wicca/sex.html

The Svadisthana Chakra

The Spleen Chakra

This is the sexual chakra and it is all about relationships and sexuality. This chakra governs passions, emotions & feelings. It can also lead to anger or fear when unbalanced. The instinct to nurture is strong in this chakra, as are other aspects of a feminine nature such as nursing, perceptions of food or sex, creative energy, women's power, and feminine health. Not only governing the feminine aspects, the body's energy that springs from this source governs sexual vitality, physical power and fertility of all varieties. It also aids digestion, removes repression and inhibitions. It can broaden the mind and assist you in copeing with your life and career.

The reproductive system, ovaries and testes are governed by the Spleen Chakra. You can rid yourself of tension, and develop your sexuality by meditating on this particular chakra. This Chakra has a need to be looked on with admiration by family and friends, although only in the most honorable ways. It requires full respect.

When balanced, the spleen chakra aids a person in the arts of being friendly, optimistic, creative, and imaginative. A balance shows concern for others, and is intuitive. It is cheerful as well with a desire for pleasure. Balance in this chakra makes a person vital and with a potential for ease of sexual satisfaction, decrimination and prosperity. This type of individual brightens the day and strengthens our own appetites for life! Other of its qualities are joy, general overall happiness, resourcefulness and confidence. It is also considered to be spontaneous and playful.

Unfortunately, when this chakra is out of balance to the point of being underactive, a person will be lethargic, repressed, clingy, guilt ridden, frigid or impotent. They will seem shy, and mistrustful of others. They often hide their emotions and can be extremely overly sensitive. They are easily hurt emotionally, but unable to show or express it, so they carry around the guilt and the doubt on a day to day basis. Naturally, these timid souls are introverted and anti-social. They are constant worriers and the opinions of others are seriously important to them. It hurts them to be thought of badly by anyone, even if they dislike the person. It grieves them to have enemies and so they often allow people to take advantage of them, trying to show the other person just how nice they can be and hoping things will change between them. As we all know, they rarely do, so this just increases the problem tenfold.

When overactive, this chakra has excessive sexual energy and negativiity. They tend to be explosive personalities by nature and carry many inhibitions deep inside. They will also have frequent indigestion, numerous stomach complaints and be aggressive, manipulative, and self serving. An overactive spleen can cause arrogance and conceit. These people don't make friends easily and are often way too uptight to deal with anyone else's problems except their own. The trouble here though is that many of them won't acknowledge that there is a problem and so it continues on.

Problems with this chakra may be the cause of diseases of the blood, reproductive organs, kidney, spleen, and those souls bogged down with sexual energy disorders.

Now there is a subject that is often spoken of when this chakra is talk about and the subject is death. Death and sex. Those are the two foremost problems of this universe, when it comes to humans and their energies. So many people fear sex or death or both. The subject of death is generally avoided because it is a subject that frightens and one that has no concrete answers. And when it isn't avoided, then people will criticize the speaker and say, "Don't talk about death!" or "You always talk about death. Talk about something else."

To some, death does not exist. It can not exist in their perfect universe. It's just too scarey. And sex! That's taboo as well by many, even in this day and age. In fact, I don't think I realized just how many until recently. Talking to quite a few people and concentrating on the feedback, it really surprised me how many still have old hangups or fears about sex. "Don't talk about sex!" Hide it. Control it. Whisper about it. Don't say it out loud! Fear it! Obsess on it! And many will simply go on believing that they will live forever and that all their lustful secrets and desires will forever remain within them, and they may just be right. But if they are, if they carry this around until their deaths, then they will have lead a miserable, unproductive existence, one that was rife with problems. If these problems are ever relieved or balanced then the rest of the centers become no problem. It will most likely balance them also. These things tend to be two of the major problems, although I am not saying any of this is wrong with you, but you may know someone who has these troubles.

Edited by bojole
  • Like 2