Sign in to follow this  
Guest winpro07

Shinto and Kun Lun

Guest winpro07

Shinto priests practice a winter misogi. Going into a river in winter with the ice flowing. Calling in the Kami Sama through a Tori in the trees the Shinto priests body gets so hot that the water around them even though extemely cold and flowing heats up. Others around the priest in the water feel the flow of warm water surounding them. These priests also practice Gold Flower, and other 'secret' Mudras. Their Shaktipat transmissions are sent out via sparks from a flint, and steel. From what i've been told only one of the Shinto sects has retained its root. Gold flower and Boiling water with the body seem like Kun Lun to me.......

i don't like this whole 'my practice is holier than yours' attitude

theres a buddhist practice where they go out in the winter with wet cloth and dry the cloth on their naked backs with their body heat. its actually been documented scientifically

doesn't mean that its specifically kunlun. all practices have similarities since theres only one human body

Edited by mikaelz

Guest winpro07

I am just drawing connection between ancient systems. they all a have a common thread. I like to find those threads. Lau Tzu/ Bo Yang/ Bogar/ Hercules etc.

i don't like this whole 'my practice is holier than yours' attitude

theres a buddhist practice where they go out in the winter with wet cloth and dry the cloth on their naked backs with their body heat. its actually been documented scientifically

doesn't mean that its specifically kunlun. all practices have similarities since theres only one human body

The KiAikido Society in St Louis has a winter misogi outing the first weekend each year. Hard practice (hand to hand and weapons), lots of meditation. Heavy duty old Shinto chants lead by old fashioned iron bells. Next morning dip in a frozen river. Down to our necks, then a few ki-ai's, dip down, then up for more ki-ais. Its a fantastic experience.

Michael

I've noticed that after starting Kunlun practice a couple of weeks ago, I have an easier time feeling warm in cold weather.

Guest winpro07

Second that. I had an interesting conversation with very old grandfather yesterday. He was near KunLun durring WW2, and saw four monks sitting in the snow on the mountain placing wet rags on top of thier heads. He said they were sending up so much steam it looked like a fire was going. Kun Lun has reached out into my familly in some very interesting ways. The most noticeable being my ability to give love in ways that really brings thier own love forth, and in a big way. It seems to be traveling severl generation forward, and several back -tears in my eyes seeing this same light in thiers. Thank you Max.

I've noticed that after starting Kunlun practice a couple of weeks ago, I have an easier time feeling warm in cold weather.

Is AiKiDo Compatable Within Kun Lun? I habe been Curious today about AiKiDo/KunLun.

ah. ok ;)

Sign in to follow this