Radu

"a student of "John Chang" "

why would they?

exactly!

Buddhas and Bodhisattvas lay out the methods, living beings do the cultivating .

Edited by 林愛偉

What I speak of is spoken of in Buddhist sutras and classics of Daoist cultivation and is the fundamental morale, virtue called Compassion, Wisdom and Patience. It is so easy to see in both these teachings, how can people question these three basic foundations within cultivation? It is because of confusion.

I am no authority on anything. Proper teachings are the authority and taking another's life for one's cultivation is not proper anything. Its not hard to see. It doesn't matter if the person is an immortal or not, god or not. I will say it all the same. Why? because living beings should only be regarded by their Virtue and Wisdom, not abilities and cultivation level.

Heavenly demons can be immortals, gods, and hold great spiritual abilities, know the workings of the universe and hold some wisdom, wisdom we here on Earth are not aware of.

What helps us see them for what they are?

Cultivating wholesome practice which are the practices of Virtue; Patience, Compassion and Wisdom. It is both in Buddhist and Daoist schools. What else is wholesome practice? Buddhism, for it is the keys to realizing one's true wisdom and ending the attachments of their mind. It is the keys to a final lifetime, or consciously created successive ones. Buddhism is the teachings to end it all, and or continue, but in Wisdom mind, not ignorance. It is the teachings to not be confused.

Daoism gets one to the heavens, where further cultivation is needed regardless of immortality, for immortality is not final. One still has birth and death to adhere to after immortality because there is attachment to form. In Daoism, since it is cultivation of spiritual abilities, and is a mixed bag of methods, there are great possibilities to fall into the demon realms, hell realms of one's mind, and or get stuck without help.

One can refer to the time when Buddhism first came to China during the Han Dynasty 67 A.D under Han Ning Di the emperor at the time. and the semi-competition the Daoists masters then put out to the Emperor. Of course, they were jealous of Buddhism, and its cultivation.

So the Daoists posed a challenge to prove which one was the proper teachings. Some Daoists could fly, others, shape-shift, some can disappear and re-appear, and do some crazy things before that challenge. The first sutra that came to China was the Buddha Speaks the Sutra in 42 sections. The Daoist leaders at that time were named: Zhu Shan Xin, and Fei Zheng Qing and they had 300-400 of their monk disciples present there.

If anyone wants to know the story, research it. ^_^

Cultivation is not a joking matter, nor is there room for ignorance. One either cultivates to gain wisdom, or don't cultivate at all.

My writings may come off as arrogant, and authoritative to some, but that is not my purpose at all. I cannot certify my own understanding to anyone. People have to figure out what I say is true or not by having investigated their minds and realized some wisdom, thus having faith.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉