Sign in to follow this  
blackstar212

Having trouble with multiquote and quote function

I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly.

I hit quote and then nothing comes up in the reply box. I also cannot cut and paste? Any help would be appreciated.

What browser?

I would try clearing history and cache within the browser and then also with a 3rd party software like CCleaner or System Ninja.

The top-left button in the post-editing window is a tiny toggle switch. "On" puts you in rich-text mode and "Off" puts you in plain-text mode (the switch doesn't change but the other buttons light up or get grayed out...)

Some browsers are not compatible with the current patch-level of the forum's software and "pasting" doesn't work in rich-text, but does in plain-text. Quoting (as well as most of the rich-text functionalities) rely on background pasting something into the editor.

Try switching to plain-text mode and see if that solves your quoting and multi-quoting issue.

• Like 4

The top-left button in the post-editing window is a tiny toggle switch. "On" puts you in rich-text mode and "Off" puts you in plain-text mode (the switch doesn't change but the other buttons light up or get grayed out...)

Some browsers are not compatible with the current patch-level of the forum's software and "pasting" doesn't work in rich-text, but does in plain-text. Quoting (as well as most of the rich-text functionalities) rely on background pasting something into the editor.

Try switching to plain-text mode and see if that solves your quoting and multi-quoting issue.

Awesome!!! That makes participation that much better hurrah!!

Sign in to follow this