Sign in to follow this  
Jim D.

It's a matter of perspective

I have seen posts regarding birds. I have been a bird watcher since the age of 6. I have bird books, and an antique Birds of America Volume given to me in 1959 by a friend. Beautiful pictures are inside. No one could disagree with me that birds are God's creation and gift to human kind.

Well, given that, the song of most birds are lovely. We look for the creature making that beautiful sound. But what if the bird is an English Sparrow, and you are a "scrumpliumpshish" locust...just flying around trying to find a female because you only have a few days on earth to enjoy life...because once it's over...it's over. And the heck of it is, you can't bite back because you don't even have a mouth.  You just have that disgusting buzzzzz...you know, the one where you think will ward of the marauding English Sparrow that is after you right now...Oh, my God...there it is...right on my tail...excuse me, right on my abdomen. Don't you just like it when there are a swarm of them around.

Now how beautiful is that bird with the beautiful song?

JD

Edited by Jim D.

Well, if I were a cat that bird would look very beautifully delicious.  And with a little good luck it will get lost in its thoughts of catching the locust so that I will have the opportunity to have English sparrow for supper.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this