Sign in to follow this  
roger

you are the cause of your own suffering

I'd like to echo this in that I've noticed throughout life, even in my own, if we blame others for our own failures, short comings, health, anything really, we're merely providing an excuse for our own self defeat. We make our lives, we decide whether or not we become stressed or emotional over something, and that too plays a role in our physical and mental health.

• Like 3

I have observed within myself a phenomenon so strong that it takes every ounce of courage and presence of mind not to blame someone else to get the attention off me, and on to someone else. What happened to change from this to rigorous honesty was my facing the futility of my life. I was an utter failure as a man, a husband, a parent, an employee, as a decent human being. I was Spiritually bankrupt and on my way to the bowels of Hell through the grip of insanity. I did not want to die, be forgotten, or be institutionalize for the rest of my life. I was told by my Psychiatrist that what I had was untreatable. Suddenly, and in the moment I fell into a black hole of despair. I was frozen in time. There was no turning back, and no going forward...all I thought I knew was absolete and broken.

I was the cause and outcome of my own suffering...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this