Sign in to follow this  
exorcist_1699

What knowledge let you outdo others

We need lots of knowledge in order to live in the modern world,  for example, knowledge about plumbing, electricity, cooking..etc, yet some are more important than others , and knowing them enables us to outdo other people and outlive the times : 

1) Knowledge about computing and internet:  As things and computers are becoming more and more interconnected and  intelligent, it goes without saying that our skills and understanding of  them is  crucial to our life.

2) Foreign languages. Language is the boundary of our mind, we think through language and also limited by it .In fact, it further entangles us when it becomes a  collective force called 'culture '. Fortunately, having mastered  a foreign language enables us to shake off some shackles of it on us .  If you only know a European language, then your thought is seriously limited. For example, you can't make use of other huge databases of knowledge provided  in Japanese or Chinese online . Mastering at least one or two foreign languages, especially those  from Asia,  is nearly a must now.

3) Knowledge about Qi : Not only because it may  change how our civilization on this planet looks

in the coming decades , but also  because with some knowledge about herbs and acupressure, all based on that mysterious force, we can easily maintain a good eyesight, superb memory and hearing ourselves without having to pay any significant cost . In that way, we can  lengthen our working life or learning ability easily . Lifelong learning ,without a physical basis ( here I mean jing plus qi )  , can only be  some kind of jokes.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 2

Besides (or in extension of) what you have written, I personally find it very useful to have knowledge of:

- Vibrational remedies like homeopathics, spagyrics and flower remedies. This enables me to help myself and others with psychological and physical problems, even in emergencies (i.e. spagyric remedy may well have saved my life once in a particular situation).

- Divinatory tools like Astrology, Tarot, the I Ching that help me to understand situations and people better and behave accordingly.

- Martial arts which keeps me in shape physically and mentally. Moreover, it helped me deescalate certain tricky situations more than once.

• Like 2

Besides (or in extension of) what you have written, I personally find it very useful to have knowledge of:

- Vibrational remedies like homeopathics, spagyrics and flower remedies. This enables me to help myself and others with psychological and physical problems, even in emergencies (i.e. spagyric remedy may well have saved my life once in a particular situation).

Thanks your reply.

To me , seriously speaking, there are  only two kinds of medicine, one based on the Western science ,its biology + chemistry +physics, healing people at different levels : sub-atomic, DNA, molecules...up  to muscle  ; another one from Taoism , with TCM fighting on the frontier , based on the  jing + qi + shen framework and a complex delicate system of meridians , supported by 2,500-year of detailed medical records, healing people at different levels  by tuning the balance between  blood, qi, shen.. ; other remedies or so-called alternative medicine , although do cure in some cases, even in some emergence, given them lack of a solid grounding , are doubtful to me .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Thanks your reply.

To me , seriously speaking, there are  only two kinds of medicine, one based on the Western science ,its biology + chemistry +physics, healing people at different levels : sub-atomic, DNA, molecules...up  to muscle  ; another one from Taoism , with TCM fighting on the frontier , based on the  jing + qi + shen framework and a complex delicate system of meridians , supported by 2,500-year of detailed medical records, healing people at different levels  by tuning the balance between  blood, qi, shen.. ; other remedies or so-called alternative medicine , although do cure in some cases, even in some emergence, given them lack of a solid grounding , are doubtful to me .

I have nothing but high regard for TCM, and actually use it in certain forms myself.

But you are mistaken to assume that the West didn't develop similar methods of applying natural remedies to effect healing. As I mentioned, there is spagyrics which goes back to Paracelsus and, even earlier, Arabic Alchemy. It is based on an energetic view of body and soul no less established than the Chinese system.

Homeopathy is of a more recent date, although it was founded on Spagyrics, likewise has an elaborate theoretical background and has amassed an incredible amount of clinical observations in the two centuries of its existence.

But to each their own. :)

Here is an article on spagyrics I wrote for a homeopathic online magazine:

http://cleverhthemag.com/2015/06/01/spagyric-medicine-for-the-homeopathic-practitioner/

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this