林愛偉

The Horror of Taking Lives and Eating Meat

haha

I weigh 170 with a 33 waist, have a belly...lol. If anything its the gongfu and cultivation. But I am by no means muscular. :P

Spirulina... I haven't had that in yrs, and they don't have that in China. Soy protein...almost every week I have tofu...lol

Peace,

Lin

170 pounds and 5 foot tall :lol:

or

170 and 6 foot tall?

Better soft than muscular.

170 pounds and 5 foot tall :lol:

or

170 and 6 foot tall?

Better soft than muscular.

haha 5ft 7 and a half in.

Not fat but have small handle bars.. haha :D

Peace,

Lin

Hey Lin,

I've just started reading Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford, and I'm trying to implement most of his teachings. It's only been about 4 days that I've been strictly following it; ie, no meats, two meals a day consisting mostly of vegetables, grains, and legumes, last meal before 7 pm. I'm really trying to cut down on my meat intake; the way they treat those animals in slaughterhouses is despicable.

I'm pretty short (hence the username), 5'5, and I weight approximately 152 pounds. Since the four days have gone by, my weight has dropped at least five pounds, if not more.I've been wrking out for about a year now, and I really worked hard to get the muscle that I've gained (my diet has been pretty shitty though). If I start switching to this plant based diet, should I expect to lose a lot of muscle mass? I know I need to change my diet, as I've felt depleted of energy for a long time now, and I can tell that even though I look 'built' I'm not in good shape. I just don't want to lose all the muscle I've gained, and I certainly don't want to look anorexic. As someone who has been eating a vegetable based diet for quite some time, can you give me any pointers? Anything I should expect?

Thanks bro,

Peace

haha 5ft 7 and a half in.

Not fat but have small handle bars.. haha :D

Peace,

Lin

Hey Lin,

I've just started reading Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford, and I'm trying to implement most of his teachings. It's only been about 4 days that I've been strictly following it; ie, no meats, two meals a day consisting mostly of vegetables, grains, and legumes, last meal before 7 pm. I'm really trying to cut down on my meat intake; the way they treat those animals in slaughterhouses is despicable.

I'm pretty short (hence the username), 5'5, and I weight approximately 152 pounds. Since the four days have gone by, my weight has dropped at least five pounds, if not more.I've been wrking out for about a year now, and I really worked hard to get the muscle that I've gained (my diet has been pretty shitty though). If I start switching to this plant based diet, should I expect to lose a lot of muscle mass? I know I need to change my diet, as I've felt depleted of energy for a long time now, and I can tell that even though I look 'built' I'm not in good shape. I just don't want to lose all the muscle I've gained, and I certainly don't want to look anorexic. As someone who has been eating a vegetable based diet for quite some time, can you give me any pointers? Anything I should expect?

Thanks bro,

Peace

You'll lose fat not muscle mass.

Your weight will also stabalize.

Hey Lin,

Thanks bro,

Peace

Before I came to china 3 yrs ago I was at about 165pounds. After being here and eating a lot of good food, constantly..haha I was about 210pounds after the first several months. THen my shifu advised I lose weight, and in one month I dropped 15 pounds.

All I did was la off steamed bread, controlled my eating habits to just 80% full and amped up my cultivation.

Best thing to work on to lose and maintain your good weight is to wake up early, lay of breads, and eat up to 80% full. Recognize eating habits, change them. If you can adjust to a specific eating style, that would be good.

The eating style would be, a lot in the morning, healthy in the afternoon, and very little at night nothing after 6:30pm. I would keep it to between 6-7 am-eat. 11:30-12:30 eat. and 5:30-6:30 eat.

But you have to see fit for your daily activities as well, how they can be worked with. If not, then just eat alot in the morning and afternoon, and very light in the evening. Wake up around the hours of 5:30 and 6am. haha early, but good. I wake up at 4:30 am, ,and sleep about 10:30, 11pm. If I can during the day, I rest for an hour in the afternoon.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Thanks for the replies Mythmaker and Lin.

Right now I'm just having the two meals a day, one from 9am -11 am, and the other usually around 5:30 pm. One problem I have though, is waking up early. I've always been someone who sleeps most of the day, and stays up most of the night. Since, I've been staying up to 12am -1am, I've been getting really hungry around this time, but somehow have kept myself from eating anything.

Also, when switching to a different diet, how long can I expect the healing reactions to go on for? I've been having aches in my legs as of late, and I seem more on edge. I just want to make sure it's not the diet I'm on, but a healing reaction that will eventually go away.

Anyway, I'm going to go buy some Spirulina, and some more fruits, vegetables, and whole wheat rice (wonder how that tastes).

Take care

Peace

Before I came to china 3 yrs ago I was at about 165pounds. After being here and eating a lot of good food, constantly..haha I was about 210pounds after the first several months. THen my shifu advised I lose weight, and in one month I dropped 15 pounds.

All I did was la off steamed bread, controlled my eating habits to just 80% full and amped up my cultivation.

Best thing to work on to lose and maintain your good weight is to wake up early, lay of breads, and eat up to 80% full. Recognize eating habits, change them. If you can adjust to a specific eating style, that would be good.

The eating style would be, a lot in the morning, healthy in the afternoon, and very little at night nothing after 6:30pm. I would keep it to between 6-7 am-eat. 11:30-12:30 eat. and 5:30-6:30 eat.

But you have to see fit for your daily activities as well, how they can be worked with. If not, then just eat alot in the morning and afternoon, and very light in the evening. Wake up around the hours of 5:30 and 6am. haha early, but good. I wake up at 4:30 am, ,and sleep about 10:30, 11pm. If I can during the day, I rest for an hour in the afternoon.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

One problem I have though, is waking up early. I've always been someone who sleeps most of the day, and stays up most of the night. Since, I've been staying up to 12am -1am, I've been getting really hungry around this time, but somehow have kept myself from eating anything.

Also, when switching to a different diet, how long can I expect the healing reactions to go on for? I've been having aches in my legs as of late, and I seem more on edge. I just want to make sure it's not the diet I'm on, but a healing reaction that will eventually go away.

Anyway, I'm going to go buy some Spirulina, and some more fruits, vegetables, and whole wheat rice (wonder how that tastes).

Take care

Peace

Try a piece of fruit like an apple an hour os so before you go to sleep. it might take the edge off.

Do you mean brown rice

Check out Dr Joel Fuhrman

http://www.drfuhrman.com/

Thanks for the tip Mythmaker, I tried it and it worked. The hunger pains have really subsided lately, and I'm impressed with my energy levels. For instance, I usually would wake up around 1 PM! Now I'm waking up without an alarm at 8:45 - 10:00 PM. Don't know if its a placebo effect, or if the diet is really working, but I'm starting to feel the difference either way. I think I could do completely without meat; only problem is certain family members like to cook with meat, and I don't think they'd be happy to hear I don't eat it anymore. I guess I'll have to eat a little bit to satisfy their needs.

Peacee