Sign in to follow this  
AussieTrees

Somethings you don't want to hear.

Lol place of whoreship eh. Well if it associated with an Abrahamic derived God this so-called 'reason' cant ever be validly passed off to the poor created schmucks who are, aftrall, just charactrs in the novel scripted--fully and completely scripted--by the divine author. Hence 'reason' aka 'responsibility' rests only with said author.

Poirot is not responsible for how Christy writes him. He cant define himself.

I'm reminded of the Sundays' song 'God Made Me'.

8)

Edited by Astral Monk
  • Like 1

Does it matter what a cause is, once the thing is in place?

It may matter to 'understanding' for not making that decision or action again. But it doesn't change the past.

Wherever you are... there you are. You have to deal with the here-now. Whether it's because you did something stupid, or because someone else did something stupid you had nothing to do with, or because xyz happened in a past life (some would say), or because totally random in the chance universe dropped it on your head -- what difference does it really make?

That 'place of worship' sounds more like a place of blame. A better sign sponsored by the same insight might say, "Every moment is a new chance to be better and do what's right. We'll help you find the right road."  Or whatever.

• Like 3

You are right.  I didn't want to hear that.

But then, I have always agreed with the concept of cause and effect.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this