Sign in to follow this  
voidisyinyang

New qigong book on secret of Ruijing and related links....

The Key to the Qigong Meditation State: Rujing and Still Qigong Paperback – April 21, 2015
by Tianjun Liu (Author)

I stumbled on this dude's Medical Qigong tome - and he's the Qigong Research Director in Beijing or something.

So I looked to see if he had any newer books and presto - this one is just coming out now - still not available from Amazon.

But considering his medical qigong book is extremely authoritative - and he's devoted his life to studying qigong - it would seem this new book should be a real zinger.

Anyone want to take a stab at what he's secret  will be on Rujing?

I wasn't even familiar with the term Rujing before....

Or maybe someone here has met the guy - is he also a qigong master?

You would think so....

googlebooks review of his medical qigong text

Oh that's really been updated.

So Kevin Chen translated it - looks like - a NIH qigong dude.

Wow Ken Cohen's review of the MEdical Qigong book really critiques it - ....

Well it makes me question how valuable this new book on Ruijin will be.....

So a name of a Ch'an monk? Ruijing

So then we have Complete Perfection school saying Ruijing is just sending out a Yin Spirit and so does not have the yang qi body yet and so is still mortal and returns to nothingness.

For this book it would seem - what is needed is True Qi of the "Yuan Shen" ---- from the lower tan tien....

This condition is called Qi Gong Tai (Qi Gong Spirit). In our school we call it Ru Jing (enter stillness). After entering this level, the aim of practicing Qi Gong (Lian Gong), to supply the Zhen Qi (True Qi) or to support the Yuan Qi (Innate Qi) can be achieved.

This means:

• Entering a state of harmonizing the body
  • Entering a state of harmonizing the breath
  • Entering a state of harmonizing the mind

In actual practice it is most important to adjust spirit and breathing. Especially the adjustment of the spirit is from utmost importance, since both (adjusting the body and adjusting the Breath) depend on the spirit to manifest. At the same time, all three of them are interrelated and dependent on each other.

appears to be the same school. Maybe not - this dude is the book author - looks pretty culty: https://www.drsha.com/ Zhi Gang Sha. 

I just get the impression that this new book will have some specific secret technique.

Exploring classic Qigong meditation through the theories of modern psychology, parapsychology and cognitive science, Dr. Tianjun Liu defines the mental state of 'still' Qigong in new terms, identifying a specific mental state, Rujing. He examines the psychology of meditation, showing what happens, both mentally and physically, when a person is in a meditation state. Dr Liu shows how the mastery of Rujing is a fundamental skill vital to the practice of Qigong, and presents a new type of Qigong exercise which takes the achievement of Rujing as its primary goal. His scientific approach to meditation is a breakthrough in this area and will be of interest to practitioners of Qigong and related practices at any level, in addition to anyone with an academic interest in meditation.

As far as I can tell - it's just an emphasize on harmonizing the body.

Sign in to follow this