eye_of_the_storm

Apple Fast Pleasant Subtle Fire

Toward the end of a 5 day organic apple fast... I noticed..I would say an energetic change in the stomach... like a pleasant subtle fire?, which seemed to be a power of a kind... that if this fire continued.. food perhaps may not be required... or more of a "powerhouse" to move from physically.

I am unsure.

Edited by eye_of_the_storm

I have never been on a one food diet such as your "Apple fast" but I am a big fan of fasting.

What was it like for you on a day by day accounting during the first five days?

Water fasting and "juice fasting" have approximately identical progressions for the first five days

in a healthy non-overweight individual.

Edited by Spotless

Hello Spotless :)

Hmm I didnt keep an account of these events as such... I found the subtle fire thing interesting though... not sure again.

This was about day 4...

Day three my endurance doubled.

Running more frequently/ more energy in general. I felt the apples were working at a deep celluar level. As with fasting in general overall increase in senses/ awareness/clarity

more refined eye sight, hearing, smell, breathing...

The mono-fruit fasts I think give your body a chance to heal things + receive nutrients/ energy

I didnt have any thirst for most of those 5 days... I probably should have had distilled water though.

I found mangoes to help in achieving very pleasant state/ bliss (around day 5, this is with distilled water)

I found recently... both moments of enlightenment for the Buddha occurred under fruit trees... the first as a child was with an apple tree... and the other enlightenment was under a fig tree... after his starvation time he swore the middle path and that he would eat etc... and also that he would not move from the fig tree... so... I guess... for 49 days... the Buddha ate only figs!

Buddha was practicing a raw vegan mono fruit diet.

After his long fasting.. his body would have been in an exceptionally pure state...and the fruit sugars helped to energize the cells/ spark the body into realization.

We are I believe very connected with plants/ fruits... which are condensed sunlight... after 5 days of only mangoes I was feeling a sublte communication with the mango tree ...with my cells/body and I thanked it for its divine fruits which made me feel so excellent.

I think diet is a very important part of knowing thyself.

• Like 1

maybe some relation to this... . Some caution that “if you are hungry you are not in bigu” which is more consistent with the ideal of living off qi and not just elaborate fasting or forced starvation.

qi in the stomach?

Have to learn this conversion...

I know a big step in this is defeating the 3 corpse worm demons... and other bugs within our system driving material desires/ craving for the food which keep the physical and spiritual bodies bound to the Earth... hm?

I have found recently (not recommending)... Daoist immortals/ those in transition would eat pine sap... pine sap kills parasites. The Daoists making no distinction between parasites/demons either... these creatures worked on multiple levels... and are more intelligent than people would like to give credit... to the point of mind control, well documented (at least within the insect kingdom).