Sign in to follow this  
Artzilla1

New Here

I suppose this is where I introduce myself. I am 61 years old. Disabled Vietnam Vet. Musician/Drummer at my age this is very physically taxing. I have C.O.P.D. I am a Christian but I don't personally find Tai Chi or any of the Eastern Martial Arts in any way in opposition to my Spiritual beliefs. In fact in enhances it. I happened to stumble on this Forum many years ago, and I had practiced Set 1 and 2 religiously, if you'll excuse the expression. LOL This was when there were 2 sets that were complete and free. The second set was near water and he was wearing a white uniform. I found these two to be extremely beneficial in all areas of life, but due to circumstances beyond my control lost the use of a computer and had been away from it for such a time as to begin again. I did have the two complete sets in my saved files but now for some reason they won't play. Does anyone have the complete 2nd set?

• Like 1

Hello Artzilla1, and welcome to the forums!

Glad you found your way to us :-)

Would you remember more specifically which video you saw? Who was in it?

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

• Like 1

ahhhh... well, that's a classic, one of the big two, so to speak (the other being the Ba Duan Jin aka Eight Brocade).

The 18-Figure Taiji Qigong (shibashi) that you posted is very common, and very wonderful indeed. The difficulty with these well-known forms is that there are many, many variations on the theme, and so it becomes difficult to locate the one you originally learned.

You mention a set 1 & 2, but that was presumably just a feature of the instruction you had at the time. There are 18 exercises, the order is pretty consistent regardless of the variations on the figures themselves.

If you look for a good dvd on the "18-Taiji Qigong", or "Shibashi", I'm sure you'll find either exactly what you're looking for, or a perfectly satisfactory substitute.

And, if you look for a local teacher, you may have evem more fun :-)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this