Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

creating

it is the greatest thing we humans are capable of doing, the highest level of attainment is to be a creator. creating is fusing yin and yang, prana and apana, it is yoga. through mastering the ability to create we can enter into the immortal state.

it is the greatest thing we humans are capable of doing, the highest level of attainment is to be a creator. creating is fusing yin and yang, prana and apana, it is yoga. through mastering the ability to create we can enter into the immortal state.

Hello MooNiNite,

You raise a very valid point, If I might add a perspective to your thought by rmoving the self from the equation.

A thought for your consideration; in works that have that something divine, you know the ones that indefinable something, it is often said that the creator is able to obtain a state of mind in which their "self" is no longer doing the creating, their energy is flowing they have their muse. If this is the case; then who might we suppose is doing the creating; Is it the Human being or is it Mother nature?

Hello MooNiNite,

You raise a very valid point, If I might add a perspective to your thought by rmoving the self from the equation.

A thought for your consideration; in works that have that something divine, you know the ones that indefinable something, it is often said that the creator is able to obtain a state of mind in which their "self" is no longer doing the creating, their energy is flowing they have their muse. If this is the case; then who might we suppose is doing the creating; Is it the Human being or is it Mother nature?

valid point, but i believe the creator you speak of is still having the experience. so there is always some degree of self

valid point, but i believe the creator you speak of is still having the experience. so there is always some degree of self

We are creating and are the creator, I have no doubt of that. Mother nature gives the inspiration for truly great work; you can tell when the ego gets too involved, is more the point of my debate.

No disagreement, only different perspectives.

• Like 1

I think this trance-like state or whatever, is what artists call "flow". The subconscious processes a lot more info than the conscious, so I'm guessing it has to do with accessing the subconscious. Or maybe it's just playing with information and losing oneself in the journey until there is only Journey but no journal.

Like Jesus said: "In losing yourself you find yourself." ...or something like that. The Hindu ancients must have taught him that.

Edited by IntuitiveWanderer
  • Like 3

"The plane which is reached by the Jnânins is also reached by the Karmayogins. Who sees knowledge and performance of action as one, he sees.

Renunciation of action, O mighty-armed, is hard to attain to without performance of action; the man of meditation, purified by devotion to action, quickly goes to Brahman.

With the mind purified by devotion to performance of action, and the body conquered, and senses subdued, one who realises one's Self, as the Self in all beings, though acting, is not tainted.

The knower of Truth, (being) centred (in the Self) should think, "I do nothing at all"—though seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, eating, going, sleeping, breathing, speaking, letting go, holding, opening and closing the eyes—convinced that it is the senses that move among sense-objects.

He who does actions forsaking attachment, resigning them to Brahman, is not soiled by evil, like unto a lotus-leaf by water.

Devotees in the path of work perform action, only with body, mind, senses, and intellect, forsaking attachment, for the purification of the heart.

The well-poised, forsaking the fruit of action, attains peace, born of steadfastness; the unbalanced one, led by desire, is bound by being attached to the fruit (of action).

The subduer (of the senses), having renounced all actions by discrimination, rests happily in the city of the nine gates, neither acting, nor causing (others) to act.

Neither agency, nor actions does the Lord create for the world, nor (does He bring about) the union with the fruit of action. It is universal ignorance that does. (it all).

The Omnipresent takes note of the merit or demerit of none. Knowledge is enveloped in ignorance, hence do beings get deluded.

But whose ignorance is destroyed by the knowledge of Self,—that knowledge of theirs, like the sun, reveals the Supreme (Brahman).

Those who have their intellect absorbed in That, whose self is That, whose steadfastness is in That, whose consummation is That, their impurities cleansed by knowledge, they attain to Non-return (Moksha).

The knowers of the Self look with an equal eye on a Brâhmana endowed with learning and humility, a cow, an elephant, a dog, and a pariah.

(Relative) existence has been conquered by them, even in this world, whose mind rests in evenness, since Brahman is even and without imperfection: therefore they indeed rest in Brahman.

Resting in Brahman, with intellect steady, and without delusion, the knower of Brahman neither rejoiceth on receiving what is pleasant, nor grieveth on receiving what is unpleasant.

With the heart unattached to external objects, he realises the joy that is in the Self. With the heart devoted to the meditation of Brahman, he attains un-decaying happiness.

Since enjoyments that are contact-born are parents of misery alone, and with beginning and end, O son of Kunti, a wise man does not seek pleasure in them.

He who can withstand in this world, before the liberation from the body, the impulse arising from lust and anger, he is steadfast (in Yoga), he is a happy man.

Whose happiness is within, whose relaxation is within, whose light is within, that Yogi alone, becoming Brahman, gains absolute freedom."

- Krishna instructs Nagarjuna in The Way of Renunciation, Bahvagad Gita; 1909, translated by Swami Swarupananda

Edited by IntuitiveWanderer

it is the greatest thing we humans are capable of doing, the highest level of attainment is to be a creator.

Isn't simply being here a pretty great attainment? I'm impressed by it (almost) every day.

Existence exists. We can change the way it presents itself, but we're not really doing anything, are we?

Personally, I prefer to create because it feels good. When I'm creating, I'm not worrying. Is this what you mean by immortality?

Is it the Human being or is it Mother nature?

Does it have to be either/or?

The human being is nature. In those works (and I assume we're talking about art) that effuse a "divine" or wonderful feeling of beauty or emotion or connection, i believe the artist/creator has been able to get closer to honesty. I mean, an honest expression of a certain facet of existence -- perhaps, how and what it is to be alive.

• Like 1

Like Jesus said: "In losing yourself you find yourself." ...or something like that.

Lol. What? Nah, I think Abraham Lincoln said that...or something.

Does it have to be either/or?

The human being is nature. In those works (and I assume we're talking about art) that effuse a "divine" or wonderful feeling of beauty or emotion or connection, i believe the artist/creator has been able to get closer to honesty. I mean, an honest expression of a certain facet of existence -- perhaps, how and what it is to be alive.

Well yes, an ant hill is mother nature and by the same defanition so is spagheti junction or a knotted turn pike, for those of you from the US; Both are nature at differing stages of creative/social entropy, of a similar aspect.

Calculated human creativity tends to lack someting, to my mind any how.

Sure. We're probably mostly agreed, and just playing with definitions here... but true creativeness, I think, comes from not being a calculating, thinking person. I've mentioned it before: when I "do" art - stuff that I'm proud of - it's a result of being in the void. Not thinking, just letting it flow.

And I just personally tend not to separate that creative state from nature. It's somewhere between being robotic human and being a primitive animal..maybe

Sign in to follow this