Sign in to follow this  
Rara

Objective Vs Subjective - How we can be more honest with ourselves, and then others

After looking more into "intersubjectivity", it is clear that this is far different from objectivity.

Of course intersubjectivity is different, it exists.

All three have definitions of their own.

Depending on the school of thought. I use it the way some phenomenologists use it, as a replacement for, and more accurate description of so called 'objective' or shared reality.

In relation to the OP, no, intersubjectivity won't necesaarily allow us to be honest with ourselves.

I doubt I would argue with the 'necessarily' in there, as people will always be as deceptive with themselves as they feel they need to be. I would say that 'rigid character development' increases the likelihood of self deception, and the belief in objectivity contributes heavily towards rcd.

Also if honesty is a priority, then surely avoiding false notions is also a move in the right direction

At a funeral, people experience intersubjectivity due to shared emotion of grief. An objective observer can be detached from this.

That is one way some groups use intersubjectivity, as a simple add on to objective/subjective, but not how I or some phenomenologists use it.

There really is no objective to speak of. If you think there is, ask what/where and how? Any conclusions will be based 100% entirely on subjective measurement systems, 100% of the time.

There is not even an argument really, except from people so ossified within their status quo view points and their cultural/conventional stockholm syndrome.

Sign in to follow this