Ilkka

My introduction

Hello all.

My name is Ilkka and I am new to this site.

The reason I joined this site is because anonymous Finnish fellow suggested me to join here from this one chat site to discuss and learn more about Tao and meditation.

• Like 2

Hello IIKKA, and welcome to the forums!

Glad to have you aboard :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Special Note: all female members are more than welcome to join the discussions at our new

Women’s Cultivation forum, moderated by rainbowvein and zanshin

I am a man of few words, relatively speaking of course :D

Given something to discuss though I can be much more "wordy" guy, also the such subject needs to be interesting to me which is really about motivation to the certain interests that I'm sure goes without saying.

Recently I stumbled upon the John Chang videos and it lead me to read the "Nei Kung The Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages - Danaos, Kosta" book and I was very intrigued by its contents and with all that I knew already about Chi and other forms of bioenergy I thought to give it a shot. So this led me to here to discuss more about the practice so I dont need to "re-invent" or innovate the teachings myself, more time consuming to come up with the "right" methods of succeeding, although it would be possible, because of our creativiness and imagination. I have also been doing a little meditation from 2007 has been on daily basis for the last 4 weeks now, before that there are gaps when not meditating on daily basis. I also started to the standing meditation 4 weeks ago, even though I knew of it for months in advance from Ken Cohen Qigong videos.

• Like 1

Recently I stumbled upon the John Chang videos and it lead me to read the "Nei Kung The Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages - Danaos, Kosta" book and I was very intrigued by its contents and with all that I knew already about Chi and other forms of bioenergy I thought to give it a shot. So this led me to here to discuss more about the practice so I dont need to "re-invent" or innovate the teachings myself,

Hi again :-)

Many people find the Tao Bums when they search John Chang/Magus/MoPai, but honestly, it's a bit of a dead end, a path with very few reliable signposts, so, most everyone here who starts that path ends up going *his own way, or hitching his wagon to someone with a strong personality who projects mastery but who in fact has also accomplished very little. And it can become quite contentious as they begin to argue about what's right and what's wrong, what's legitimate and what's false.

Personally, I recommend a more mainstream approach and the Ken Cohen system is as good as any. Honestly, for the most part, all these 'systems' are just different ways of expressing and experiencing a few profound but basically simple concepts.

*male pronoun because I can't recall any female ever expressing interest in this particular discipline

I think that John Chang originally intented many people to find about this "secret", but the way to walk your own path is the way you choose to walk it, from this one point on, so I think that he just pointed out the "direction" but didnt mention about the terrain that might be rocky, forest or plain. Maybe there is many ways to reach the certain point, some means might take long time to reach it and others take much less time. The way westerners (me included) are schooled/teached from when we are being born, affects us differently than they are teached in the East. They have it in the basics and we have our belief that is implemented into our very psyche from the very start of our lives. I mean that in Finland there is very little paganism, more Christianity here, which our school system is based of, so they the priests etc. believers made the rules and laws, originally this hinders our ability to comprehend the way Eastern people understand bioenergy, because todays world the majority of the people in the world who are in industrialized countries have their belief systems and rely on their own Gods. I dont believe in any gods I believe only in myself, because I exist in this reality and on the "flip side" as well. I dont want to place my soul in anyones hands because in doing so I would relinquish my very self to someone else who could do anything with me, so I rather individualize myself to see if there actually is God on the otherside and ask "him" what the "f" is he doing to all the people that have been killed in his name. This is what I think.

I'm not sure about Mo Pai though but I know this one guy said that there are many of these ways and the first steps are the same in pretty much everyone of them. So I think that I take the first steps and see where it goes from there on.