Songtsan

neat trick to solve flat arches

I have flat arches and there are a number of exercises that are prescribed for fixing that issue, such as picking up pennies with the toes, or rolling up a towel, etc.

Just recently, the thong between the 1st and 2nd toe broke on one of my flip flops...I kept using it anyways...

I noticed that the foot was naturally using the exact muscle contraction sequence used in arch strengthening exercises...so I broke the other flip flops thong and now I walk around all day strengthening my arches...

Nice.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

Arches rule!

I got mine quickly after after starting barefoot running. My shoe size actually went down a full number (but my feet are wider) and the skin on my soles, the plantar skin, is like suede leather, really nice.

• Like 2

Arches rule!

I got mine quickly after after starting barefoot running. My shoe size actually went down a full number (but my feet are wider) and the skin on my soles, the plantar skin, is like suede leather, really nice.

I have been considering bare foot running....I am going to enter it slowly...I believe in keeping contact with the earth directly to keep the 'energetics' smooth!