Sign in to follow this  
sausage

Just Introducing myself

Hello to you all!

I have been reading Tao Bums on and off for a few years, and generally find it interesting and informative.

Having dipped my toe into QiGong on and off for the last 10 years as well as doing TaiChi for 3 years, Im now looking to find a safe effective, recognised online practice that I can supplement with

physical teachers if and when I come across them.

I am aware of the 'glamorous' side of QiGong and its tendency to attract Snake Oil and would greatfully accept any good common sense, experience that helps me to avoid this and to navigate the many claims made to Mastery in this subject.

I understand that it is unregulated and the problems and traps this can lead to.

I am also looking for A Qi Gong foundation/group that proposes some kind of regulation and guidelines to avoid exploitation and potentially dangerous or ineffective practises.

looking forward to fruitful exchanges.

All the best

sausage

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will find no shortage of advice here regarding paths to follow in your Qigong training but the direction of travel must be of your own choosing and will relate to your eventual goal. This section is not read by all members being for introductions but if you post in the Taoist Section giving your whereabouts and your aims then i am sure that advice will be forthcoming regarding possible teachers and schools.

You are now free to post on the forum but for the first seven days you will be restricted to ten posts per day. Before getting started please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this welcome section and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.co...um-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck, best wishes and may you find that which you seek,

Chang and Tao Bums Team

Sign in to follow this