Sign in to follow this  
simonpi

Hello from London UK

Hi

As a general rule I avoid forums as they are mostly too much of a time and energy sinkhole. However I think, if dealt with carefully this one has some value to it. So here I am :-).

In one way or another I have studied esoteric maters for 10 years or more. But I still consider myself a beginner in so many ways. And that's not false modesty or poetic 'we're all perpetual beginners : it means I've spend a fait amount of those 10 years going round in circles or stagnating. But somehow I've at least learnt something.

I strated serious training in the western mystery tradition (magick) for some years before moving in a roundabout way towards Daoist approaches. At that point I got the qigong bug and spent a few years training under a student of master lam. Then, once it became apparent Lam was not going to give anything more useful out, my teacher and me moved on. (though I still practice standing and have taken up Tai Chi with a very good teacher.

Actually now the 'western spiritual science' has come back for me. Sacred geometry and Biogeometry are two aeras I now can't leave alone. I realise I will never be just a 'daoist' or just a Tibbetan Buddhist or anything else. The nearest I come to is really a Hermeticist on the independant spiritual path. Though its unlikely qigong or Biogeometry are going to go away at this point.

Edited by simonpi
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You will find no shortage of information here on Master Lam, Standing Practice, Jerry Alan Johnson, Tai Chi and much else besides.

You are now free to post on the forum but for the first seven days you will be restricted to ten posts per day. Before getting started please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this welcome section and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang and Tao Bums Team

Sign in to follow this