Student

Nice to meet you all.

Hello everyone, my username is Student. I just joined this forum moments ago. I'm twenty-two years old, I live in New England, and I have been a student of Taoism for about four years now. I used to have classes on Taoist philosophy with my teacher on a regular basis, but circumstances changed around a year and a half ago, so I don't get to see him often anymore. I'm still passionate about learning, and I've joined the Tao Bums to try to keep my lessons with my teacher fresh. Thank you for having me.

Hello and welcome.

You will be free to post on the forum now but before getting started please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of when getting started.

Good luck and happy hunting,

Chang.

Learning about Taoism in an intellectual fashion is highly limited in its application. Practicing Meditation and Chi Kung is the best way to learn about the TAO.......IMO.

-Welcome to the forum Student. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

My teacher taught me Kung Fu, Meditation, qigong (or whichever way is most popular to spell it in English these days), and philosophy. It was only me and two other students, later just myself and one other student. The lessons were in the classical fashion, a mentor with only a few students. Lessons were conversations, and we talked about life. We talked about the esoteric and mystic aspects of Taoism, but mostly stuck to the pragmatic stuff.

• Like 1