TheExaltedRonin

Can someone give me an excerpt or example

Of where Lao tzu or zhuangzi speak of practicing mindfulness? I'm really stuck on this and I feel its the only answer.

Ive scanned the tao te Ching and have yet to find it. Maybe I'm looking at wrong translations or my ignorant mind is providing me with false information.

I would appreciate the help.

P.S. Is mindfulness considered a form of meditation?

There are many descriptions of mindfulness or of the many aspects of mindfulness. For example, being in the moment is mindfulness, but to be in the moment you can't be scattered. You could pick just about any chapter of the Tao Te Ching and learn this lesson by putting it's words to practice.

I'm seeing your other topics/posts now about awareness and such, so obviously you're talking about mindfulness as in awareness.

Keep in mind that mindfulness is also internal. Awareness of one's own Oneness. This is where you will find mindfulness in the Tao Te Ching in any chapter. In fact you could pick one at random if you want and I'll explain how it points to this, but it will likely be evident in any case.

Awareness is a pretty deep subject. It sounds like you've been on to something though, so I wouldn't want to sway you from the direction you've naturally discovered. It seem like the terrain you ought to be crossing.

• Like 1

Perfect. I appreciate your help. After reviewing your post and my own natural contact with the subject I feel like I'm closer than I've been before.

It seems like I've completely bypassed the setup of attaining awareness (conscious-mindfulness-awareness-oneness)

I'm now at awareness.

• Like 2

Perfect. I appreciate your help. After reviewing your post and my own natural contact with the subject I feel like I'm closer than I've been before.

It seems like I've completely bypassed the setup of attaining awareness (conscious-mindfulness-awareness-oneness)

I'm now at awareness.

Cool man. Well, I don't want to get in your way, so just keep walking the path and don't forget I'm just a guy pointing at the moon.