Sign in to follow this  
TheExaltedRonin

How do you apply taoism to your everyday life?

List examples or your daily routine, etc. Hopefully this will generate different ways to cross examine our own spiritual path.

I for one try to incorporate meditation and or wu Wei into everything I do.

Effortless effort. When working I work. When thoughts arise I accept them and then disregard them. I try to bear witness and be aware.

When pouring coffee, I pour the coffee. I then add sweetener. I then stir the coffee. And finally I drink it.

Simple. Savory.

How about you?

I have two that I'm concretely able to use daily.

1. Awareness of the breath. Integrating awareness of breath and the affect on the body moment to moment while going about my life.

Really focusing as I inhale, on the sensations of my entire body. Following the breath out and releasing sensations into complete relaxation within whatever I am doing.

My intention is to become awake in the moment of my breathing as I am transitioning actions, as there is an innate pause in the mind between actions. Trying to take advantage of this gap, whenever this occurs I go into body awareness and focus purely on sensations as I become aware of my breathing.

As my intention persists, this sudden awareness occurs more frequently. Powerful presence awareness.

2. The other is silence. Allowing silence to be my response instead of always offering an opinion or blurting out thoughts. This leads to greater listening and attention to the speaker, which increases and reinforces number 1 while creating greater connections to those I spend time with...

edit: spelling

Edited by silent thunder

Sign in to follow this