skydog

Does anyone here grow some of their own food?

I've found them easier to look after. Especially Peruvian ground apple or yacon ... its sweet and crunchy and can be eaten raw. I just leave em in the ground ( carrots potatoes beets) and they look after themselves.

I also find that the root veggies are easy to care for. A lot of the local ones, like yucca and white carrots ... and potatoes ... do really well when you ignore them. And something that's very important if you want to be self sustainable is this. You can grow much more calories per square foot with root vegetables than with anything else, and if you're out working on the farm you need calories (as opposed to flat butted office workers, who don't). Green veggies are nice, but you can't live long on them since they don't have enough calories to keep a humming bird alive (sometimes I exaggerate).

Root veggies are alkalinizing, grains are acidifying ... in general.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

?

I've found them easier to look after. Especially Peruvian ground apple or yacon ... its sweet and crunchy and can be eaten raw. I just leave em in the ground ( carrots potatoes beets) and they look after themselves.

Where I live, the Slug is king!

• Like 1