Sign in to follow this  
Seeker of Wisdom

Pretty interesting PDF ebook

http://www.box.net/shared/3verpiao63

This guy also has a blog called 'awakening to reality'. I haven't read much of that, but I've started reading his eBook and so far it's quite impressive. It's clearly based on experience, too.

The way he handles Vedanta's 'I AM' realisation in unison with Buddhist realisations of anatta and shunyata is very intiquing.

He presents Vedanta as emphasising the 'luminosity' aspect and Buddhism as emphasising the 'emptiness' aspect, but suggests that both them are necessary wings of awakening.

Start with emptiness or luminosity, but in the end they join up with the realisation of all phenomena as dependently originated, empty, yet vivid.

Also well reasoned criticism of ideas like 'just rest in the now' or 'you don't have to any practice because you are already That', which is going around a lot these days, based on understanding how deeply engrained delusional views are.

:)

• Like 1

SoT,

AEN's and Thusness' writings are an incredible treasure.

AEN used to post here as xabir2005. And as it says on the header of his blog, he also has a facebook group and a forum. All great resources.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this