Sign in to follow this  
presuming ed

Hello all

Hi,

stumbled es upon this site after googling a question about differences between vipassana and Taoist meditation. Very impressed with quality of content here, so thought I'd join up. I was first introduced to Taoist techniques back in late 90s thru reading a book called Urban Warrior by Barefoot Doctor. Since then I studied tai chi, read Tao te Ching, mantak chia, Geoff. Dyer and a whole lot else. Basic Taoist principles have become my default setting, and I am sure my life has been greatly benifitted from the subtle and profound twists and turns of the ever elusive Tao.

Thanks and I look fwd to reading more of your insights on the forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Not only will you be able to read more of the insights on the forum but now you will be able to post as well. Before getting started however please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the forum and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of to get started.

I also read barefoot Doctors Handbook for the Urban Warrior and found it very enjoyable.

Best wishes,

Chang

Btw is my avatar pic a default? I don't remember selecting it, tho love tony hancock so very apt!

No, don't believe it is ! LOL

Unless you're planning on being a Blood Donor, of course. ;)

We select our own Avatars on here. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Sign in to follow this