hagar

The Gate of life

Hagar, what is the "How to Relax" title you mentioned?

I looked on amazon and don't see anything relevent.

A friend of mine joked about writing a self-help book with the title "Force Yourself To Relax!!!"

Edited by lotusbud

Hagar, what is the "How to Relax" title you mentioned?

I looked on amazon and don't see anything relevent.

A friend of mine joked about writing a self-help book with the title "Force Yourself To Relax!!!"

If you look closely, the book is advertized here at Taobums, and I believe our friend Ian is the author.

Maybe send him a PM?

Anders

I'm sorry you are having problems with this point. Maybe it is because I'm a woman it never was an issue for me.

Like Burgs said. It's unmistakable. All of these things are. Like falling in Love!

Something Spectrum said - "

If your practice does not allow you to open specific points as of yet then you must continue to thread the coins from the beggining again and again until your ready to progress. "

rings absolutely simply true to me.

Opening Mingmen can happen when you start to breathe with the kidneys. Draw Qi through the nose, through the lungs and into the kidneys. Use the kidneys as the "impulse" point and sense the conversion of Qi to water that takes place there. (Right lung/left kidney and vice-versa is an interesting variation on the theme, for people with an overabundance of metal in their system ;)

Inhale into the kidneys and exhale into lower Dantian. Be sure you really know where the kidneys are beforehand.

No reason to stop there, though.

After you re-connect the lungs and kidneys, add the liver, then the heart and finally the spleen to the circuit. The other major points along the small orbit should open this way as well, or at least allow themselves to be opened much more easily. Always exhale into the lower Dantian until you add the spleen to the circuit. At that point, inhale through lung/kidney/liver/heart and exhale into the spleen.

To finish the meditation, exhale through the spleen and into the lower Dantian a couple times.

This Five Element / Organ meditation is much easier and, in my experience, more effective than the microcosmic orbit. The small orbit sometimes opens itself during this meditation.

Don't stand still, always in motion, mingmen is a pump and shouldn't be allowed to rust shut. Feel it pulsing through your entire spinal cord.

Works for me :-)

(edited for the afterthought that "opening mingmen" isn't how I'd actually intended to describe it. Opening Mingmen or any other point or gate is secondary to building up enough Qi to flow through it in the first place and that's what the organ meditation is very good for. It may well be "open" but if there's nothing there to flow, what difference does it make? I think the whole topic of "opening" becomes kind of wishy-washy and becomes too much of a focus for many people)

Edited by soaring crane