Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Hi

My name is Nathan. I live in Lexington, Kentucky. I'm about to embark on my journey shortly with Yang style Tai Chi. I have a strong background in the Western esoteric arts, but in my search, came acrossed Taoism. Actually, several years ago, a friend recommended the "Secret of a Golden Flower," as being revelant to the Western System of internal alchemy (more especially in regards to the "light body" work of the Arcana Arcanorum). I bought that book, but never really read it. Fast forward to several months ago, and I decided to pick it up and read it. I was astounded by the simplicity as compared to the western systems, and the seemingly much more accessibility in the West to it's doctrine. Since reading this book, I've picked up the Tao Te Ching, and the I-Ching. I'm hooked. I would like to ask if anyone here is also from Kentucky, and if they could recommend a reputable Taoist school, from which to attain initiation, and instruction?

All the very best,

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums Nathan. The Lobby is very much for introductions and so may not be read by many forum members. It may well be best to ask about possible Kentucky teachers on the Taoist Discussion section.

Before you do that however please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of before you start posting.

Good luck with finding a local teacher and best wishes,

Chang

Sign in to follow this