Sign in to follow this  
wolkenhand

New

Hello,

as many of you I've also seen the John Chang videos and read the book.

I practised karate for more than 20 years and I'm now doing taichichuan for about 7 years.

I could never identify with the esoteric view of things, even not in taichichuan. But I am really interested in a system, which has no "wonders" but is based on intelligent knowledge and persistant training.

So, I hope I can work out some new sights.

Greetings from Cologne, best city in Germany ;-)

wolkenhand

(means: cloudhand)

Hello wolkenhand,

'Wave hands' is one of the moves that is giving me the most trouble right now, but welcome! I'm a taiji beginner myself so I'm glad you will be here for lots of discussion. You certainly can learn a lot just studying what you can see. I hope you can keep some room open for the possibility that there is more to it than that.

lb

Hello wolkenhand,

'Wave hands' is one of the moves that is giving me the most trouble right now, but welcome! I'm a taiji beginner myself so I'm glad you will be here for lots of discussion. You certainly can learn a lot just studying what you can see. I hope you can keep some room open for the possibility that there is more to it than that.

lb

Hello lotusbud,

thanks for your welcome!

What Style do you practice? I am a student of Ma Jiang Bao, the son of Ma Yueh Liang.

Until now this Taiji is in my opinion a good combination of meditation (in movement), qigong aspect and physical training.

One of our aims is to keep the spinal column always straight and turnable like a towel, that would be wrung out.

(sorry if my english is bad....)

Greetings

wolkenhand

Hello lotusbud,

thanks for your welcome!

What Style do you practice?

It's traditional Yang style. We are doing Tung Ying Chieh's version of the 108 move long form as my teacher is from that lineage.

I am a student of Ma Jiang Bao, the son of Ma Yueh Liang.

Until now this Taiji is in my opinion a good combination of meditation (in movement), qigong aspect and physical training.

One of our aims is to keep the spinal column always straight and turnable like a towel, that would be wrung out.

(sorry if my english is bad....)

Greetings

wolkenhand

Your english is excellent, though I'm confused by "Until now".

We are certainly lucky to find good teachers. I hope that I can become a good student as I know that those are even rarer. I have to trust that over time and effort I will iron it all out. I have a long, long list of corrections to work on, from my bum sticking out and my leaning back when I swear I feel straight, to my head looking in the wrong direction etc. etc.

I've got to start writing all this out.....

I hope you can help.

Sign in to follow this