Sign in to follow this  
Dirtgrain

Hello and Some Dithering

Hello all (not to be confused with All. . . thou shalt not commit hygiene and whatnot):

I am happy to have found your forum. Nice place. And now some dithering.

We are energy and nothingness, ghosts in this imposter physical world. Reality is a skein of matrices of electron probability patterns and subatomic interconnections. Nothing is solid. You can never touch anything.

It's no surprise that we can disappear into the vapor, that truth can disappear into the vapor. Words, those massless bubbles that float out of empty-space electron-probability-pattern matrices, whichever way we collectively blow them, can skew or enlighten. The irreverent ones are blowing-harder blowhards. They fear their nothingness and run from it, sogging their hands in materialism--a pretense that our nothingness can be filled. If only they could come to terms with their ghost nature.

I'm trying to learn about Taoism and Zen and other Eastern ideas because I'm interested in it and because I am preparing to teach a class on the influence of Tao and Zen on literature (Emerson, especially), for the first time, to high school seniors next fall. At some point, I'll start a thread asking for ideas.

Rock on,

Dirtgrain

I'm trying to learn about Taoism and Zen and other Eastern ideas because I'm interested in it and because I am preparing to teach a class on the influence of Tao and Zen on literature (Emerson, especially), for the first time, to high school seniors next fall. At some point, I'll start a thread asking for ideas.

Perhaps begin a meditation practice yourself, if you haven't already, as preparation. GO into the ALLness and meet the mind. I always thought a big part of those Transcendentalist guys was walking in nature. Look forward to the ideas when you ask for them...b

Fun avatar, moniker, intro. :)

Welcome aboard (or "overboard", as it may be)!

Oh!, Sheesh! You've been here since May!

Sign in to follow this