Sign in to follow this  
Unlearner

Hello to those who are reading this

Hello and good evening,

I stumbled across this forum just a few moments ago and immediately knew that I had found something worthwhile. It has been quite a few years since I was first introduced to eastern philosophy, though I am finally beginning to take great interest in it as I become more and more focused and serious in my studies in philosophy. I feel as if, in the last few months, something within me is pushing me to contemplate these ideas.

A short background on myself, I have always been a student of science, specifically quantum and nulear physics. I do not have my degree, but I currently work as a specialized technician and first responder in a profession known as Explosive Ordnance Disposal. Though my interests have always been in the sciences, I do not feel that this is mutually exclusive from studying Taoism and Buddhism as I have been, as I believe that they complement each other quite nicely: science, the study of that which focuses on the external, and Taoism and Buddhism, the study of that which focuses on the internal. If there is anyone who is interested in continuing this discussion, I can elaborate on my views, but I will not delve into that now.

In all honesty, however, I am in great need of guidance in my studies. My own contemplation and reading has brought me to see a great many things that I had missed before, however I seem to be having difficulty adjusting my mind to accept certain ideas and breaking old habits that are hindering any further progression. I hope that by reading and interacting with those more experienced, I may be able to overcome these obstacles and move forward with finding harmony with the Way.

I look forward to meeting anyone who wishes to contact me.

• Like 1

Welcome, unlearner.

Presume that calmness under pressure and a steady hand are both required in your chosen profession :excl::ph34r:

Stay safe and be well.

Basher

Thank you for your kind consideration; indeed, both of these are very important in my job.I hope that I will both be able to receive guidance for myself here as well as (in time) be able to share my own experiences with those who wish to hear it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this