Sign in to follow this  
Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Sneeze theory: We breathe Light

I dont know about the rest of you, but if i stare into bright light (usually the sun) it makes me sneeze.

It's not always the same angle either, sometimes it only works from the left side of the pupils, or other times it feels liek the light has to enter from the top, entering from my forehead, rather than my pupils... but it's always consistent: every time i step outside from in a dark room, i have to sneeze.

The bright light triggers it. i've proven this to myself time and again by staring into various light sources as a means to trigger a sneeze.

I just went outside to take a leak, and i sneezed, and the thought occoured: What if it is the light content in the air that we actually need when we breathe? Maybe it's not as important that we breath oxygen as it is the light contained within the oxygen?

Like food, we eat it for the protein and vitamins, but what if the protein and vitamins are merely adequate vessils for transmitting light to our bodies?

Perhaps the supposedly starving yogi who lives without food or water has learned to derrive the transmuted light by transmuting it in himself, instead of consuming pre-transmuted light in external material like food and water?

Then again, he still breathes, right? Maybe that's where the transmuting takes place.... the light in the air...

• Like 1

I have heard of a stage of breath cultivation where you stop breathing air and just breathe Qi/ Prana.

That could be the same thing.

We are made of mostly water, physically. Water is a conductor. We are "energy" beings in sacks of water.

Makes sense that water would be the best case for us! haha.

So, maybe its the same for food and air? On one level, to sustain the water case/ sack, we need nutrients and air.

On a deeper/ subtler level we need Qi/ Prana/ Light.

COOL!

I like this idea, I will ponder it more. Thank you for sharing, NAJA!

Peace

a sneeze is a particular neural resonance. the squint from light often triggers it. acupoints by the nose can slow it enough so that redirection is possible - if you catch it in time before the yang of the resonance begins to wax.

not only light causes it, the resonance arises also from a tickling of nerves in the nose - that's more direct but the light squint does it by proxy.

tinnitus is a resonance too. one that can also be absorbed and redirected elsewhere.

nothing especially special, imho.

• Like 1

drew's pineal gland technique works, I figured out a sword fingers technique, point up in front of the shoulder at eye level, do the same niwan focus, move the sword finger as if wiping across the face, pointing upward the whole time. Just about every time, its gone by the time it gets to the centerline. I dont know how I discovered that, I just screw around, but I had been doing it for years before I heard drew talk about just absorbing the potential to the pineal...I can do that too but it requires a heck of a lot more focus than the sword finger assist.

its like redirecting any other energy potential. you just do it. like plugging an acupoint and using that as a pivot point to leverage the energy elsewhere.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this