Sign in to follow this  
Yae

Hello

Hey all. I found my way here out of fascination with the posts by Telethiese in the Dreamviews forum. I Googled the name and came upon this. I'm trying to get in tune with his (her?) vibration by following his (pretty sure) trace wherever I can, as did that one archer who carved a statue of a master and meditated on it in order to learn his ways.

Telethiese seems to be about exploring every avenue available, then releasing it all and going your own way in order to grow spiritually. I guess that's what I'm doing, though he seems to have taken many paths further than I have.

I'm dry fasting now as an approach to clearing blockages. I read about this in Asceticism in Early Taoist Religion by Stephen Eskildsen, a Religious Studies professor at.. I forget.

I'm interested in finding a legitimate temple or something to do these techniques in a professional environment. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I will find you and kiss your toes.

Hello Bluemind and welcome to the Tao Bums. You will find much to interest you here I am sure, not only on Taoist asceticism but on pretty much everything else as well.

Before moving on to all that however please take the time to read the two pinned posts at the top of the Lobby and take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ We are a very easy going bunch here but there are a few things it is best to be aware of.

Best wishes,

Chang

Yikes, dry fasting? You could die....I would recommend water fasting instead, its very purifying in its own right and you can survive much longer while doing it, thus you can do longer fasts. I enjoy a good fast now and then myself. Welcome to the forum.

My 2 cents, Peace

Yikes, dry fasting? You could die....I would recommend water fasting instead, its very purifying in its own right and you can survive much longer while doing it, thus you can do longer fasts. I enjoy a good fast now and then myself. Welcome to the forum.

My 2 cents, Peace

I only do dry fasting to send me into ketosis more quickly, then I switch to water fasting. :unsure: There's like almost no food here anyway....

Sign in to follow this